“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/9/2019 10:16 am  #1

Is the manager getting enough credit?

Unbeaten after 9 games, up to 2nd, just had a 4-0 win - and the forum is as quiet as a church mouse.  I think we all know that if we were at the other end of the table and on a losing streak, the forum would be buzzing with criticism of the club, the team and the manager.

Apart from the results the performances have been pretty good as well.  And all this after we lost a few key players in the summer.  One of the main criticisms the management faced was that they were inexperienced at this level and would struggle with player acquisitions. Well they have proved that one wrong.  Another concern was that we would end up playing a team comprising solely of youth players.  But again the management have managed to get a good balance of youth and experience.  On top of that, they really seem to have built a good team spirit and everyone seems to be on the same page – on the pitch and off it.

Looking at the players that he has brought in – Castanho, Ademiluyi, Hamlin, Daly & Shaw.  They have all fitted in nicely.  And the players that have been promoted to first team starters like Coleman have responded with goals and mom performances.  All these players are here because of the manager.

If things continue in this vein, we should be in the promotion mix come the end of the season so hopefully the excitement of a successful season will be reflected in traffic on this forum

18/9/2019 10:55 am  #2

Re: Is the manager getting enough credit?

Well said, Endo. It will be a good test on Saturday against a team now playing two levels above us. Will we match them or will they be too good ?

18/9/2019 3:35 pm  #3

Well said endo. Great post. 

We're quick to criticise when things aren't going well, but quiet when things are going well.

Well done to the management team. Things off the pitch seem rosier too, social media and fan attendance at games to name a few.

Hopefully Sat vs Dorking can bring in a good crowd with an all surrey tie and the attraction of the FA Cup!

Looking forward to how our boys perform against higher level opponents. Glad we're at home!

19/9/2019 4:10 pm  #4

19/9/2019 8:05 pm  #5

I hope they do not get enough credit, from a selfish point of view, all of us supporters know we have a couple of gems as a management team, but the more people know about them the more opportunity for them to be taken away from us.
No let`s keep it to ourselves and enjoy it while it last`s. 

20/9/2019 10:45 am  #6

alanj wrote:

I hope they do not get enough credit, from a selfish point of view, all of us supporters know we have a couple of gems as a management team, but the more people know about them the more opportunity for them to be taken away from us.
No let`s keep it to ourselves and enjoy it while it last`s. 

I don't think anyone is saying advertise it to the world. But within our own fans on this forum (which I can't imagine any other fans/clubs really bother to read) we should give credit for a good start. 

I can't see any reason to worry with managers being poached, at the end of the day we've only had a good start to the season and there is a long way to go, nothing has really been achieved yet. Win the league and do well in cups and it might be a different story. For now we're safe!

20/9/2019 12:19 pm  #7

After less than half a dozen league games its far too early to be crediting the manager. If we,re still in the mix come April and we get promoted I,ll be first in the queue to heap praise on the management. Until then I,ll be keeping a lid on it.

As for the forum being quiet, its always been this way when we are doing well. I can,t see it being any different at other clubs. I guess football fans just like to moan.

20/9/2019 7:45 pm  #8

I do not believe anybody is judging our management duo on just this season only "Andy" but since they both started things have seemed more positive and the credit must go to them surely.
Still, a real test on Saturday and let us hope for a positive result.

Board footera