“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/9/2019 4:22 pm  #1

Dorking

Didn’t see the game thousand miles away on Holliday i was on the edge of my seat in a bar when sol got sent off I thought here we go but it seems the boys done good I was prancing around with my phone in my hand people looking at me like I was expecting twins

21/9/2019 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Dorking

I was sitting in a hospital ward with the other half pretending to listen to what she was saying whilst glued to Twitter!

21/9/2019 4:36 pm  #3

The way I was endo you think I was in hospital

21/9/2019 8:51 pm  #4

A fully deserved win. Listen to AB and CN post match interview below,
https://d3ctxlq1ktw2nl.cloudfront.net/staging/2019-8-21/24500959-44100-2-ecd421e6ee465.m4a

Also the Dorking Wanderers manager Marc White.
https://youtu.be/ARLgNAmuj4g

21/9/2019 9:18 pm  #5

A well deserved win for the team today, speaking in the bar before the game we would have all been happy with a draw, but today the team excelled themselves, restricting "Dorking" to no clear cut chances at all, even when we went down to ten men we kept on doing what we needed to do in order to see the game out.
In conditions more suited to lying on the beach with a beer in hand, the lads gave their all for the full ninety minutes I thought that when we went down to ten men with still thirty minutes to play the extra man would tell for "Dorking" with our goal being put under excessive pressure, but this did not happen we defended when required and broke out from defence with pace to cause their defenders problems, far more than they created for us.
A well deserved win for the team and every man can be proud of the shift put in to earn it.
My sympathy goes out to "Sol" who up to his sending off was having a good game running the back line to keep the visitors out, I am not aware of why he got sent of but possibly for backchatting the ref, unfortunately we know this is his Achilles heel and he will never change and I am sure he immediately resented his actions, but he does not need me to preach to him about this failing but nonetheless as far as I am concerned he would always be one of my first names on the team sheet for his leadership qualities and helping guide the young players through tough games such as this.
So well done lads and let us hope you can keep your remarkable run going.

22/9/2019 7:23 am  #6

Watching the game on vidiprinter it gives a straight red to sol not two yellows,so it gives the impression that he has been a naughty boy,so glad that’s not the case.shame I wasn’t there,it was one game I had a feeling was going to be good,bring on the next scalp.c’mon tooting

22/9/2019 9:53 am  #7

A great team performance and a well deserved man of the match for Danny Bassett, who worked his socks off for 90 minutes. A superbly taken goal as well, I wouldn't say finishing was his strong point but this was top draw, following an equally good lay off from DMG.

Lets hope for interesting opposition in the next round.

23/9/2019 9:13 am  #8

The draw for the next round is going to be live on TalkSport at 1:30.  What would be a good draw? For me a home draw against one of the lower ranked teams would suit.  If the draw is still regionalised, then there are still 2 teams in Zone 3 from level 9 (one below us).  I'd much rather face one of those 2 than face a big team like Dartford or Maidstone etc.

Failing that, a nice trip to the coast which is something we just don't get in our division.  Still left in our zone are Worthing and Chchester from the Isthmian and Margate and Eastbourne from the Conference.

Local sides still in it are Carshalton, Dulwich, Whyteleafe, Cray and Corinthian Casuals.

So give me a home draw against a low ranking team or an away game somewhere nice (i.e. anywhere other than North London)

23/9/2019 9:59 am  #9

Home tie against a lower opposition would be great. Failing that, any home tie surely? 

Our home form and atmosphere has struggled in the past, but i genuinely think the team take encouragement from our home support and the pitch this season (which was an excellent surface on saturday) so I think we should try and create either the underdog atmosphere at home if we get a side from higher up, or we dominate a lower side at our impressive ground. 

I don't like to heap praise on a few individuals when frankly the whole team deserve praise for all playing out of their skins, but I must say that Danny Bassett and Rooney were excellent on Saturday. Dom was also his usual industrious and committed self - the ground that guy covers!

When Rooney (my man of the match) dropped back into central defence he won literally everything in the air. He was exceptional. 

Brilliant win, very proud of the side. 

Last edited by dac123 (23/9/2019 10:10 am)

23/9/2019 11:16 am  #10

Who’s Rooney?

23/9/2019 2:49 pm  #11

donnyc wrote:

Watching the game on vidiprinter it gives a straight red to sol not two yellows,so it gives the impression that he has been a naughty boy,so glad that’s not the case.shame I wasn’t there,it was one game I had a feeling was going to be good,bring on the next scalp.c’mon tooting

He was still a naughty boy for getting a needless second yellow. before that point he was actually playing really well. 

The first yellow was well deserved and necessary, as Zak Coleman played a backpass short that put us in a spot of bother. A professional foul to stem their counter-attack. The right decision to bring him down and pick up the card. 

None of us know what he said for the second yellow (I assume), but the fact that it was for verbal makes it unfortunately a needless suspension and put the win in jeopardy. Glad the team were able to battle through and take all three points. But I must admit, if we'd have drawn or gone on to lose with 10 men, the blame would lie firmly at his feet. 

He needs to reign that side of his game in, though part of me thinks he can't. 

Daryl got a lot of needless suspensions last year, but I feel like he has learnt from that (and openly admitted he's working on that side of his game). I think our club captain Sol needs to do the same. 

23/9/2019 6:52 pm  #12

A wonderful game Saturday, and considering the opposition, this was a great performance and not matched by many others for the last 15 years. It was difficult to decide who was the Conference South side, and for an hour the Terrors outplayed their opponents, creating many chances but sadly to say, many opportunities wasted again. The goal was superb  two-pass move, started and finished by Bassett, with a low driven drive past the keeper. In the past we have seen similar situations where the ball has gone into orbit around the moon.   The score should have been 2 or 3 nil by the time Bassett scored.

Then the game changed with a shameless, deserved and yet again a needless card for our skipper. A few games into the season, and he already has more cards than a “Playing Pack. A complete liability to his team mates.  Down to 10, did the Terrors have the strength to survive the last 30 minutes. But immediately there was trouble in Tooting Dug Out area, with hysteria breaking out amongst the management team and abusing the Asst Ref, which resulted in a yellow card for one of the joint managers, who immediately smacked a spare ball into the Tooting dug out.  You don’t have to be an idiot to see what was going to happen next, a red card.  The was a really unnecessary and embarrassing incident and was like watching a pub team playing on Hackney Marshes. I am amazed there were no other members of the Management team booked. Not a good advert for the team.

After all the distractions, the game was finally started again, to the credit of players they were unbelievable in defence, but were also able to launch some dangerous attacks with two great opportunities to increase the score. With minutes to go a ball seem to have hit the Tooting post, but was scrambled away. This would have been robbery if they had scored, and a reply on Dorking’s excuse of a 3g pitch would have been unimaginable.

A great team performance with everyone running their socks off, especially the front two, who for an hour caused havoc in the Dorking defence. The team deserved their celebration at the end.

Last edited by Mikem (26/9/2019 3:30 pm)

Board footera