“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/9/2019 1:02 pm  #1

FA Cup - Home to Poole Town

Another tough one..

23/9/2019 3:37 pm  #2

Re: FA Cup - Home to Poole Town

Bring it on👍👍👍

04/10/2019 5:33 pm  #3

Good luck, yes I am still around if anyone is interested!!!

05/10/2019 9:34 pm  #4

Yes we lost to a better team today but not just because they were "bigger and better at finishing than us" although in my opinion our forwards did not ask enough of , what I was told was a sixteen year old keeper, they were a better organised team the passing was crisper and even when they went down to ten men, they reverted to five at the back with four in the middle and just one up front basically saying, come on then break us down which of course we were just not capable of doing.
I feel this was not one of our best performances this season, we just came up against a team who were at the top of their game and certainly the best we have met this season and we were below par, no shame in that.
No shame in losing to a better team either, better Poole than Dorking, I would have liked to have journeyed further but it just was not to be! congratulations to them I say and hope you progress further.

06/10/2019 9:19 am  #5

First game of this season for me and was impressed with the teams committment throughout. Pity we couldn’t take some of the goalmouth chances particularly in the second half . With Westfield losing yesterday all to play for in forthcoming league games !!!

06/10/2019 1:06 pm  #6

I'm gutted about this one. I didn't go to the game but when I saw that they had a guy sent off I thought it was a great chance to pull off an upset. I think we'll look back and see this as a missed opportunity.

But at the same time it sounds like we played pretty well which bodes well for the rest of the season.

Board footera