“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2019 9:13 pm  #1

Whyteleafe. FA trophy video.

13/10/2019 12:55 pm  #2

Re: Whyteleafe. FA trophy video.

Do you have any idea why Dominic wasn't playing?  Is he injured?

13/10/2019 1:30 pm  #3

Barnsy thanks for the video link.Yes DMG injured. He was there to watch and thinks he'll be out 1 or 2 weeks.

Last edited by Poddington (13/10/2019 1:32 pm)

13/10/2019 2:15 pm  #4

Yes,thanks for the link.Great for us supporters who don't get to every match now.Please keep them coming!

14/10/2019 7:33 am  #5

Yes, great watching the video. Well done for your efforts.

14/10/2019 12:13 pm  #6

The "reward" is an away tie at Sittingbourne...

14/10/2019 12:29 pm  #7

Interestingly my takeaway would be that whilst a very very even game between two teams who wanted to play football, in my opinion they were slightly better than us on the day, both in terms of possession and chances created. 

But credit to our lot, clinical and resolute throughout. It could have gone either way at 1-1 and Danny's goal put us in front when i thought we were under a fair amount of pressure. 

I thought the right wing back that we had in place of George played excellently (my apologies for not knowing his name - Jamarie perhaps?). Great goal to open the scoring and also worked very well as an outlet when we were trying to get out of defence. Very impressed; especially if this is another one of our youngsters coming through. 

The scoreline is slightly flattering given our third was a breakaway goal after their keeper came up for a corner in the last couple of mins.

But, you can only beat what is in front of you and we did just that. Credit to Whyteleafe who also look like a good side in a similar vein to ourselves. 

14/10/2019 12:38 pm  #8

Sittingbourne away next...

14/10/2019 5:41 pm  #9

Antonio Simeone has rejoined. A great move for us. Strength in depth in defence now, and a natural left footer to play on the left of a three (where Daly, as good as he is, sometimes looks uncomfortable distributing out - though to be clear I still think he's a starter for us). 

14/10/2019 9:16 pm  #10

Could not agree more "Gary" as much as I liked both Simmo and Wedgie I feel that should they replace the younger members of the squad who have done such a good job since being given the chance, it sends the wrong message to the squad.

15/10/2019 8:17 am  #11

I agree as well.  Especially with Coleman v Wedgeworth.  I just think that we are playing a slightly different style this season and it suits Coleman's style of play.  Even if you think that Wedgie is the better player, why would you upset the balance of a team that looks so balanced?

At the back, I think Simeone would fit in ok, but I wouldn't be breaking up the current back 3 at the moment.

15/10/2019 9:24 am  #12

I would replace Sol P-B with Simmo and keep the others as they are.

Last edited by DaveM (15/10/2019 9:24 am)

15/10/2019 11:57 am  #13

As I mentioned in my post, I think Nathan Daly keeps his place. In fact, I don't think you distrupt the back three as they are. We are hardly conceding many goals so why change? Simmo gives us strength in depth and puts the three starters under more pressure to keep performing well. It's a healthy challenge to have. 

Also, Simmo provides cover for when someone like Sol gets suspended - which does happen! Instead of Rooney dropping back into defence, which he is very capable of doing, Simmo plays there and our midfield remains as strong as it is. When Rooney drops back in to defence we have a weaker midfield in my opinion. 

It's a good challenge to have. I welcome Simmo back, even if he starts on the bench.

15/10/2019 12:33 pm  #14

Nathan Bailey
It's Daley Gary ........... as in Arthur ! 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

15/10/2019 1:29 pm  #15

Nathan Daly as in ex Irish midfielder Gerry Daly. 

When Emlyn Hughes first heard about this player, he said he thought they were talking about a German newspaper.

17/10/2019 1:52 pm  #16

It's Daley Gary
Ooooooooooops - D A L Y  ........ sorry Gary 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

17/10/2019 10:11 pm  #17

It's all about opinions and Gary you have a valid one.
I personally thought the squad should have deep enough to win the game, but I have no problems with the rotation of the players as we don't want to end up like Whyteleafe who already have a backlog of games.
It's a shame to exit the Surrey Cup at this stage but promotion and the league games have to be the priority of the season.
Hopefully many goals against FC Romania and not the farcical defeat of last season against Cheshunt on their non-league/family day when 1 or 2 were fans oblivious the children around them in the second half.
Up the Terrors Terrace Travellers!

18/10/2019 4:17 pm  #18

Gary - you're not on your own about the County Cups. Although we are in a minority! I just think that we're a football club and the aim is to win silverware!

The week we did the County Cup double is still fresh in my memory as two great games to watch. Who doesn't enjoy a cup final (when you win).  I think people forget how good it is to win a cup when its early in October...

18/10/2019 8:09 pm  #19

In my mind , if you enter a cup then you owe it to the fans, who pay good money!, to give it your best shot.
I would like to know what the regular first team players feel when they see the squad rotation that is employed at the expense of the result. Surely they must want to win trophies, however lowly they figure on the "winning" list. 

19/10/2019 9:17 am  #20

The squad picked for the Surrey Cup were good enough to win the game. It wasn't a case of the managers sending a team out to lose the game. They will be very disappointed to have lost, just as much as the attending fans.

Last edited by FairweatherFan (19/10/2019 9:21 am)

Board footera