“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2019 10:46 am  #1

Billy Bush

Not a good last few weeks for Tooting fans, sadly my old school mate Billy Bush, a loyal supporter of 63 years passed away yesterday, 10 days after being diagnosed with cancer. Bill was in good form at the Poole FA Cup game and was completely unaware of any illness. He started supporting the Terrors in the Mid 1950’s despite the fact he lived not far  from Wimbledon’s Plough Lane ground. His Dad already a supporter of Tooting introduced him to Sandy Lane, and he remained a lifelong supporter of the Terrors through thick and thin, and even thinner timers.

He always sat in the same seat at the Sandy Lane and Imperial Fields ground, and will be sadly missed by his friends Kevin, Robin and Stefan who sat next to him, as well as those who got to know him over the years.

Condolences to Bill’s family on their sad loss, and I hope he's now looking down on the Terrors from his luxury seat in the Grandstand in the sky.

Last edited by Mikem (12/11/2019 11:01 am)

12/11/2019 3:15 pm  #2

Re: Billy Bush

r That is really sad news about Billy-I only heard about his illness last week and how sick he was.I cannot believe the speed of things.I always enjoyed a chat with Bill-he had a good sense of humour and his family have lost a good hard working man whilst the club will miss a true supporter over such a huge period of time.R.I.P Bill-you will be truly missed.Condolences to his family.

Board footera