“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/12/2019 5:09 pm  #1

Growing the Club for the future

For those who were not at the game on Saturday or who have not been around as often as they would like, you may have missed what is planned for the next phase of the plans to develop the ground. It's always been the plan to develop the whole site in a way that provides the greatest benefit to the community whilst at the same time keeping Tooting & Mitcham Utd FC at the heart of Imperial Fields project. 
This year sees the 1st XI pushing to win the league with a view to seeing us at least a couple of levels higher in the near future. All our fans will have experienced just how hard it is to maintain football in the semi professional setting. Since the 80's we have been fighting relegation more times than chasing promotion. Essential to long term success is financial viability and not relying on benefactors, which is what the club is now pursuing. Have a look at the link below and you will get an idea how we are working to make the site as a whole a really viable business, which will help to maintain our club for the long term. Once you have finished reading please write in to the town planners with your support for this next phase of the T&M application and be a part of the long term success for our future
www.tmunited.org/new-facilities.

19/12/2019 9:50 pm  #2

Re: Growing the Club for the future

Not wishing to appear cynical, but we have been down this road before a few seasons ago.
The overall idea/plan appears to be very good but until a spade of soil is turned, that is all it is.
I wish the plan every success and hope it does provide "what it says on the tin"

20/12/2019 5:11 pm  #3

I suppose the question would be how does the new developments translate into getting the 1st team up a couple of divisions!

20/12/2019 8:44 pm  #4

59er. I would never underestimate both the time and the cost of a presentation/development applied for, but what happened to the first application a few years back when the proposed drawings etc. were displayed in the bar, was it turned down and is this a revised application.
Don't forget the works which were commenced in "I think" two years ago then abruptly stopped in the proposed development area, what happened there.
But having read the proposed application and the method of funding stage two, I feel that it might take some time before  stage two is commenced due to insufficient funding.
I am all for making the club more sustainable but because of previous claims I still remain sceptical.
One statement you have made and I entirely agree with is the degree of general support being offered by various people in order to progress the club forward, something I fully appreciate.

21/12/2019 8:41 pm  #5

59er. I will never stop supporting our club in every way I can, but I would like further information regarding funding etc. before I do on this issue.
I still am unable to see how our team will benefit, perhaps somebody will enlighten me.
If the truth be known, in my opinion, the premier division is the highest we should aim for, with the present level of support, as I feel that Steve is already more than generous with his funding, at this level, should we expect him to fund our possible progress up the leagues.
But I wish the application every success and look forward to possibly having to eat my words in the not too distant future.

Board footera