“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/12/2019 2:33 pm  #1

Passing of life long Terrors fan Chris Wilson

Hi all,

Some sad news, life long fan Chris Wilson passed away on Christmas Day. Chris followed the Terrors for 65 years and would be involved with programme selling as well.
His daughter Laura got in touch with the club with details of the funeral, the details are below:The funeral will be held at:
Lambeth Crematorium
Blackshaw Road, SW17 0DH
Friday, 10th January
11:45 am

And afterwards at The Leather Bottle pub, 538 Garratt Lane, SW17 0NY.
If you wish to attend, please contact Laura direct using the details below:​Laura Wilson
07968 140233
Laurawilson238@icloud.com

29/12/2019 3:27 pm  #2

Re: Passing of life long Terrors fan Chris Wilson

learnt only yesterday of chris passing very sad news.i knew chris frpm schooldays and attended many,many matches with him.a good supporter of the terrors and played for tootings a side back in the day ,sadly a lot of the old guard are now no longer with us.rip chris.

29/12/2019 8:34 pm  #3

What a sad day yesterday was after hearing about Chris-I always sat next to him in the stand and had a laugh with him as the rest of us around the group did.It seemed the last few times that I had seen him his mind was elsewhere as he was not feeling great and a bit depressed.This was concerning and we wondered what had happened as we had not seen him for a few weeks.Chris really loved the club and put a lot of effort into assisting & raising money for Tooting.I and many others will miss you mate and if the team do well this season I will consider that to be a tribute to your 60 years of hope & effort.R.I.P Chris-condolences to all your family.

29/12/2019 8:36 pm  #4

What a sad day yesterday was after hearing about Chris-I always sat next to him in the stand and had a laugh with him as the rest of us around the group did.It seemed the last few times that I had seen him his mind was elsewhere as he was not feeling great and a bit depressed.This was concerning and we wondered what had happened as we had not seen him for a few weeks.Chris really loved the club and put a lot of effort into assisting & raising money for Tooting.I and many others will miss you mate and if the team do well this season I will consider that to be a tribute to your 60 years of hope & effort.R.I.P Chris-condolences to all your family.

30/12/2019 5:51 pm  #5

Very sad news indeed about Chris.I was only asking  Mike Hartshorn recently if he had seen Chris, as I had not seen him recently at matches. I know Chris was a devoted fan, and in his prime  he could be heard with his deep gruff voice cheering on his beloved team. This year has seen the sad lost of many long standing fans, I hope we can remember them all in some way?

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends, and hope Chris can now rest in peace.

01/1/2020 7:10 pm  #6

THE FIRST TIME I MET CHRIS WAS AT SANDY LANE WHEN HE & I AMONGST OTHERS PLAYED IN THE CHARITY GAME FOR THE SUPPORTERS AGAINST THE TERRORS. WE OFTEN HAD A CHAT ON OUR TRAVELS ABOUT THE TEAM. HE WAS ALWAYS CONCERNED WHEN THE TEAM WAS NOT PLAYING WELL. I WILL MISS ALL OF THAT. CHRIS IT WAS A PLEASURE KNOWING YOU. MAY YOU REST IN PEACE

Board footera