“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/1/2020 9:52 am  #1

A Tribute to 2 Legends

Hi Chaps and Chapesses, not been on the forum for a while but I wanted to share this with you.I recently started a new job in a carpet warehouse in Tooting. The owner (who happens to live a stone's throw from Imperial Fields) is a Gooner, but in spite of that he is a football lover.  He rebrands all the carpets that arrive from suppliers with combinations of footballer's names, obviously lots of Arsenal, Chelsea, Fulham, Man Utd, there's even a QPR carpet, Bowles & Marsh obviously as these are the only 2 QPR players anyone has ever heard of. Now, thanks to me you can purchase a lovely bit of carpet from the Juneman & Ives range ! Trade carpet, unit 7, Summers town, SW17 0BQ.

12/1/2020 10:29 am  #2

Re: A Tribute to 2 Legends

If I see Alan out walking his dog I'll let him know!

12/1/2020 12:13 pm  #3

Glad to hear you have got sorted buddy.
Flooring is not a bad industry to be involved in.
Good luck.

12/1/2020 4:20 pm  #4

Blimey, handy for the Corner Pin (Wimbledon Dons Speedway's favourite pub) and the By the Horns Brewery !!  Mind you, they brew proper beer, none of that yellow chemical stuff ! (LoL) 

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

14/1/2020 9:40 am  #5

Can't wait for the Darlington & Emery range.

14/1/2020 10:32 am  #6

Well done, BEU ! I've recently been in contact with Alan so will let him know. Last weekend he represented Surrey in the Badminton Inter Counties Championship in Wolverhampton. Age Group 70 - 75 !
I have heard nothing about Dave Juneman for years. Any one got any updates ?

18/1/2020 10:34 am  #7

Your wish is my command, Endo old son. Now available from Tradecarpet is a roll of Darlington & Emery. Fittingly (if you'll pardon the pun) it is a remnant available at a knocked down price.
Refresh my memory Endo, is Emery the geezer who Frank Wilson spoke of in glowing terms when we signed him ? said something like "One of the most gifted individuals I've ever had the privilege of working with." Turned out to be a plank. If it's the bloke I'm thinking of his Tooting career lasted about 45 minutes before he was substituted having had about 2 touches of the ball in the entire half, one a Crossfield pass that landed in Poulters Park and the other to toss a ball that had gone out of play back to our full back to take a throw-in. 

Yes DeePee, I'm working beneath the shadows of the cranes constructing AFC Norbiton's new stadium, a few doors down from the brewery where you can by a pint of warm, murky brown 'Witche's Minge' that you real ale snobs are so fond of 

20/1/2020 9:46 am  #8

Yes - it was Charlie Emery.  I feel a bit sorry for the player actually.  He was set up badly by Frank Wilson's introduction.  I think there may have been a reference to Gascoigne - not sure.

Turns out he has been a very good player for Colliers Wood and Sutton Common Rovers and possibly had the talent to move up a division.  But reading between the lines I think he was one of those players who couldn't commit to the huge amount of time that is needed to play at our level.

As for his 55 minutes as a Terror, my memory is of the ball just bypassing him all evening.  If he moved to the left, the ball went right.  And vice versa.  I don't remember him touching the ball!  His substitution was a mercy.

Not saying he was the worst player we've ever had - we even had another 1 game wonder that season in the 7-2 defeat by Chatham.  I had to look him up - Josh Taylor.  He had a similar impact in that game, but he hadn't joined the club under a huge fanfare.

22/1/2020 1:21 pm  #9

endofthelane wrote:

He was set up badly by Frank Wilson's introduction.  I think there may have been a reference to Gascoigne - not sure.

I think Frank must've been referring to Bamber rather than Paul 

Board footera