“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/2/2020 9:50 am  #1

Look forward or back?

Well that was a bit disappointing last night.
Losing both Ahkeem Belford and Connor French to injury certainly did not help but most of the 1st half was a strangely lacklustre and disjointed performance.
Energy levels and urgency picked up in the 2nd half but still don’t think more than a small handful of minor chances were created all game.

Still, more points dropped by those around us. And that will continue.
3rd defeats in a row for Westfield. A loss and 3 draws for Uxbridge.
Ware remain at the top but struggled to scrape a win last night against Harlow through a Andre McCollin hat trick. They were on a free scoring run when they came to us and yet looked very ordinary (or perhaps were subdued) so we should be expectant for the return next week.
In the next few weeks Hanwell have to face Barking (who seem able to beat the top sides) and also Bracknell who have won their last 3.
Look a bit further down and Chertsey have 3 free scoring wins in a row with league top scorer Jake Baxter on fire.

Assume Hady Ghandour is still on trial with Charlton and obviously wish him huge success there.
He has blossomed in to a fine and mobile striker who will no doubt continue to improve.
But this has been going on for some weeks with them unwillingly to let him (also) play for T&M.
I have zero idea how this trial business works but would hope a time will come when we say ‘sign or return’, especially when French injury seems to be lingering and his quality would be very welcome.
I’m sure somebody knows.

05/2/2020 10:41 am  #2

Re: Look forward or back?

All we can say is that our fate is still in our own hands, which if we can still say that at the end of February, I'll be very pleased.  As we've seen, its a very open division, with all teams down to Bracknell in 7th still with a realistic chance of the championship with a run of victories.  And even clubs in the bottom half of the table will still have their eyes on a playoff spot.

So with a lot of teams with everything to play for, there are going to be a lot of tough games.  And it seems that no team has enough strength in depth or consistency to put together the elusive string of 5 or 6 victories.

Our next 10 games are all against the top 9 teams apart from Harlow who are 12th.  So the games aren't going to get any easier.

On the other hand, we know that we are more than capable of beating anyone in our division.  We just need to do it more often!

05/2/2020 11:21 am  #3

As you rightly say "Endo", consistency is the answer but this seems to be evading all the teams, thank-goodness.

05/2/2020 12:28 pm  #4

I REALLY CANNOT SAY WITH WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE TEAM AT THE MOMENT. WE CAN GO AWAY AND BEAT CHERTSEY AND YET WE STRUGGLE AGAINST ORDINARY OPPOSITION AND CANNOT BEAT THEM. IS IT THE PLAYERS, THE SYSTEM, ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT BEFORE ANY GAME THERE ARE PROGRAMMES FOR THE PLAYERS IN THE DRESSING ROOM. WHEN THESE PLAYERS LOOK WHERE THE OPPOSITION ARE IN THE LEAGUE AND THEY TAKE IT FROM THERE. THE LOWER THE TEAM THE MORE PSYCHOLOGY CREEPS IN THEIR MIND. 

05/2/2020 3:24 pm  #5

I would have put my money on Westfield,but they have lost three on the trot. As you say Geoff, we need to up our game against lower opponents still not over, with teams to play in the top half we could get there

05/2/2020 7:56 pm  #6

Has anybody seen Walton & Hersham this season?  Admittedly it was a few month's back but they had a player wearing the No 7 shirt called Tyreke Leslie who is worth a good look at.  He has scored 16 goals this season and seems to be able to play on either wing.  Management please note!

Board footera