“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/2/2020 5:08 pm  #1

The Slide Down the league Continues....

How many times this season am I going to look on the Bostick live scores to see the “Terrors” one nil up, only to lose 2 - 1. Sooo frustrating and surely not worthy this season of play offs !!! . Are we looking for change ?

22/2/2020 8:37 pm  #2

Re: The Slide Down the league Continues....

Still plenty of points to play for "Steptoe".
You should know the "Terrors" by now, they never make anything easy!

23/2/2020 4:13 am  #3

True alanj, just that as I have entered my retirement “years” the prospect of supporting  Tooting and Mitcham which was dear to the Steptoe’s ie my Dad John and Uncle Brian for so many years of their lives RIP, and attaining a higher level of consistent promotion and success with all the facilities that perhaps other more successful clubs of late would love to have at their disposal, seems sadly far away !!! Oh well, guess that’s football for you ... or is it ?

23/2/2020 9:03 am  #4

Nothing will happen unless the team budget is raised and we get three or four good experienced players in: especially a proven goal scorer.  I am not talking about a flood of money, I am talking about getting what is needed to get promoted and stay there for a few seasons.

Sadly it was stated on the comedy page of the wonderful matchday programme last season that money does not mean success and that youth is the way forward.

Well, that's alright then!

23/2/2020 1:30 pm  #5

6 new players recently signed including 2 proven strikers, one of whom opened his tally at Woofing yesterday Ev...................keep up mate !

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

23/2/2020 1:43 pm  #6

Are they seasoned experienced players?  Are they on contract or are they able to play for other teams as well as T&M as, I have been informed, one of our "injured players" is this afternoon?

Last edited by evthedog (23/2/2020 1:44 pm)

Board footera