“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/6/2020 11:34 am  #1

The First Team

With all the talk of housing and the community nothing has been released by the club on its plans for the first team next season and beyond to give the fans who pay to watch the team any long term reason to feel happy in these God awful times.  At least in the past the club went through the pretence of having some sort of ambition about working its way up beyond the Premier division: no matter how hollow.

So come on club, Member's Club or anyone: what's the plan to get us into the Conference South to do battle with the Dulwich Hipsters again?

17/6/2020 11:58 am  #2

Re: The First Team

I would imagine that everything is still up in the air as we don't even know when the new season will start ........... if at all ??

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

17/6/2020 12:56 pm  #3

So there is no plan then for:

A) The coming season, whenever it starts.

B) To get us moving up the league pyramid.

No forward thinking beyond housing and developing young players that we offload.

Well, that's alright then.

17/6/2020 2:28 pm  #4

My thoughts only - don't shoot the messenger Ev !  
Send a message to the club via the Web Site  or direct to Ashley or Cornelius.

17/6/2020 3:54 pm  #5

I'm not having a pop at you David. 

The club, however, should be communicating its ambitions on the pitch regarding (multiple) 🙏promotion to the paying fans. We should not have to go looking for it.

All we hear about is housing and youth development, valid in their own way, but for me club success equals what we do on the pitch and what league we are in.  And here the club is sadly lacking.

21/6/2020 3:23 pm  #6

I understand that some training sessions are being undertaken, albeit with the appropriate restrictions in place.

​We have many offers of opponents for pre-season friendlies but until we have a restart date for the league nothing can be confirmed. I have also heard (true or not I have no idea) that there are a few options on how the restart will happen.
1) Normal start, during August.   
2) September, but with the County Cups and League Cup binned for the season. 
3) Nov/Jan, half season (play each other once) or split the divisions in half. 
4) Later than Jan, Re-structure and Leagues maybe held over 'til 2020/21. 

Also, so far all the players that were with us at the end of last season are still with us now, none have left.

More news as and when I hear.

Board footera