“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/10/2020 3:19 pm  #1

The club and Covid ...... Latest news, please read.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/10/2020 6:18 pm  #2

Re: The club and Covid ...... Latest news, please read.

what a load of utter crap even have to sanitise the ball ive heard it all now wont be going for the foreseeable
future at least i will save some money the lunatics are running the asylum now

02/10/2020 12:58 pm  #3

just for anyone who has not seen two examples of the lunacy which is the covid guidlines concerning
a couple of non league matches this weekend.firstly the game at wealdstone no spectators will be let into the ground but will be let into the bar where they will be showing 3 matches on tv.windows overlooking the pitch will be blacked out and stewards will prevent anybody from trying to peep through the blackout ffs.
then the game at corinthian casuals vs dulwich casuals supporters will be admitted but no dulwich fans will be allowed in i dont know about groundhoppers and how will they know what team the people coming through the gate are supporting and no im not giving you false information just check it out for yourselves.
yes the lunatics really are running the asylum.

02/10/2020 3:14 pm  #4

Daniel , please do not stop going football, the non-league game and club need us or it will be lost for ever. I too shared your concerns when I first read the Covid App guidance at my gym which makes it sound like it is compulsory to use it. I guess if they have invested so many millions they want people to use it and hopefully it will save lives. I personally can’t use it because my phone cost £5 and doesn’t even have internet access. As long as you buy a ticket on line and the club have your name and address you will be fine. If not just fill in a form at the ground.
Keep safe and keep supporting.
Regards
Gary Walker

02/10/2020 3:41 pm  #5

Not very helpful comments I'm afraid. Whatever the way rules are being applied they are to help keep safe from illness and even dying. The club volunteers are working doubly hard to make the fans as safe as we can and its taking a lot more work so if they can be shown some appreciation that will go a long way, thanks

02/10/2020 3:51 pm  #6

no sorry members club i refuse to be a sheep  like you obviously think i should be its all crap and if you want to swallow it thats your perogative.

03/10/2020 3:38 pm  #7

Hi! Danny I hope you are keeping well.
While I understand, and to a degree sympathise with your comments, if that is what it takes to see a live game then all we can do is to go with it.
Personally I look forward to attending  another "Terrors" game, be it home or away but unfortunately my current poor health does not allow it.

03/10/2020 4:12 pm  #8

hi alan really good to see your post as nobody had heard from you for awhile sorry to hear you are not too well at the moment but hope that your feeling better soon.wont be coming myself for a while although 
i understand other peoples point of view on this covid business it really is a matter of principal for me im not
going to be doing what this government insist i must i dont want the new normal i want the old normal so
unfortunatly wont be coming till things hopefully change but will miss my tooting friends as well as my team

03/10/2020 6:35 pm  #9

Thank,s for your kind thoughts Danny.
Re; the covid rules, were I able to then I would not let that fat buffoon "Boris" spoil my one pleasure.
Unfortunately it might be a long time before you will be able to follow the "Terrors" again, and not to be too morbid, you never know how many games might be there for us.
Live football is all I live for and can not wait to return.

03/10/2020 7:18 pm  #10

Get well soon Alan . Stay safe mate.

04/10/2020 10:15 am  #11

Cheers buddy! hopefully it will not be too long.

04/10/2020 3:10 pm  #12

Hi Alan, looked out for you during the last two games that I was able to get to. I hope that you're on the mend.
I've also been in the wars with another back operation but hopefully as of tomorrow I'll be signed off by the quacks at Maydie.
Look forward to seeing and chatting with you again old pal.
All the very best.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/10/2020 8:26 am  #13

Like it or not - the Covid rules and regulations are not made up by the Club, they just have to put them in place to enable the games to go ahead. The rules may seem "Crap" but if that's what it takes...
I spend half time at a girls U14 match yesterday in the pansy rain disinfecting the corner flag and goal posts, probably made no difference but it had to be done.
I would be interested if peoples views would change if they have had the virus? believe me it's not nice and any thing that is put in place to stop it - no matter how crap it seems is a good thing. 

05/10/2020 11:41 am  #14

HI ALAN, I DID TEXT YOU A FEW DAYS AGO ON THE MOBILE NUMBER I HAVE FOR YOU. IT WAS ONLY LAST SATURDAY THAT SOMEONE SAID THAT YOU WERE IN HOSPITAL AS I WAS GOING TO DRIVE UP TO YOUR PLACE TO FIND OUT WHAT IS/WAS WRONG WITH YOU AS WE HAVE NOT SEEN YOU OF LATE. THEN I SAW THE MESSAGE FROM DANNY & YOUR REPLY AND I THOUGHT THE BASTARD IS OK . ON A SERIOUS NOTE GLAD YOU ARE OK BUDDY AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON. TAKE CARE

06/10/2020 11:59 am  #15

Hi! Geoff I am afraid texting is a process that has passed me by not only that but my mobile remains in my car at all times and is subsequently requiring charging as my car has not been used since my hospital confinement.
Thank you for your concern.
Sorry to disappoint you Geoff  but hopefully things will get better.

07/10/2020 8:52 am  #16

HI ALAN< VERY GLAD TO SEE YOU ON HERE. I HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK AT IMPERIAL FIELDS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. ON THE HEALTH SIDE KEEP WELL BUDDY & OF COURSE YOUR FAMILY. STAY IN TOUCH. 

07/10/2020 9:27 pm  #17

Thank -you for your good wishes Geoff, believe you me turning up at Imperial Fields ( I can not get used to the " Campus Society name )  can not come soon enough.
Tooting won again tonight although it was a late minute goal, still a win is a win.
Long may it continue.

Board footera