“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/10/2020 8:02 pm  #1

James Shaw

James like Gary Rose kept a clean sheet today for Tonbridge Angels in their FA cup win at Farnborough . Apparently he had bottles thrown at him and  his sexuality questioned several times during the game by home fans according to his Twitter.

04/10/2020 10:05 am  #2

Re: James Shaw

I thought that James was unable to train/play due to self isolating and yet now he has left us and is playing for Tonbridge. How does that work?

04/10/2020 11:35 am  #3

I don’t know about self isolation but he just wants to play football. He classes himself as a Tooting player who is on loan to  at Tonbridge Angels . However no Tooting player is on contract ( don’t get me started on that one) so he is free to play for Tonbridge.

04/10/2020 1:19 pm  #4

I am still confused Gary.
If at the start of the season he had a need to self isolate,so being unable to play,how has the situation changed now.
I also need to self isolate and are frequently reminded of this.
I can certainly understand his need to play but was there another reason.
It is such a shame as we now have lost a good keeper, but I wish him all the best.

04/10/2020 1:27 pm  #5

Self Isolation is only for two weeks for fit young people ( unlike myself). He has been dropped for our new signing Gary Rose who also looks a class act but if we are honest has slightly better distribution from hand and feet. A goal keeper like James with his experience will not set on the bench for long. He did do it for three weeks. Personally I unless Gary is injured I can’t see James playing. I think they will use the under 23’s keeper for local cups.
I don’t know what there is to get my old Mucker x

04/10/2020 3:13 pm  #6

Hopefully there won't be any local cups .......... or that bloody awful format for the League cup too.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

Board footera