“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/10/2020 5:13 pm  #1

Tooting 0 Waltham Abbey 1

Congratulations to the clubs bloggers and Volunteers for attracting the fans and for making us all safe during this Covid times. 400 fans is becoming the norm now which is great when you consider that Carshalton around the corner had 600 people at their game.
Both teams battled well and a first half penalty separated the two teams. It was even first half and we battered them second but lacked the quality needed to  beat the worlds tallest goal keeper and secure any points. I don’t think the managers learned very much about the team before or after the game. We need a LWB and least one striker if we are going to do anything in the league this is so very obvious now.
I see Peter Wedgeworth scores today in his first game of the season for East Grinstead. How we could of done with him today.

Apparently their keeper played for Dulwich.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/25704/simon-bloch-jorgensen-goalkeeper/amp/

Last edited by The Administrator (10/10/2020 5:14 pm)

12/10/2020 9:12 am  #2

Re: Tooting 0 Waltham Abbey 1

Very frustrating.  Due to the current circumstances we are pulling in decent crowds but we have lost 3 out of our 4 home games.  I know winning isn't the be all and end all of supporting your team, but if you want to attract new fans (and make them come again) its much easier if you are a winning team.

12/10/2020 1:34 pm  #3

Roger I have sent you a pm.
Regards
Gary.

12/10/2020 5:14 pm  #4

That was my first game since lockdown. Thoroughly enjoyed it (undoubtedly partly due to just being able to watch live again) and the atmosphere and crowd were encouraging. Seems like a fair few younger and new faces, possibly roaming fans given the current circumstance (and the fact it was an international weekend) but encouraging nonetheless. 

I thought we were defensively solid enough, given that I can't quite remember the oppo troubling our keeper at all, other than the penalty. 

I thought the 10 on our side (Jake Rose) looks a classy player. Finds pockets of space and links play well, plus seemed to always have time and space on the ball - good movement and technically gifted. 

The two strikers that came on in the second half definitely improved our attacking impetus. 

I would agree that we need a left sided defender. Not to shoe-horn an old player in per se (wedgie) but moreover to give more balance to the side. Plus Jamarie Brissett could be utilised further up the field as he's dangerous in the final third (and right footed). 

Great to see Tom Jelley back. 

Overall I was impressed enough to gauge that we should be challenging at the top few spots of the league, but we lacked a certain creativity in our forward play. Looking at our results I can see we've conceded very few in the league so far - which means we're defensively solid and organised. If we can find some more attacking flare and goals, we'll do well!

Board footera