“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/10/2020 6:20 pm  #1

James Shaw leaves Tooting

For those who are not on Twitter James wanted to send a leaving message to the fans. I would like to personally thank him for his services, the Dorking game will always live on in my memory.
James wrote: “ Firstly I’d like to say a huge thank you to all the players, coaches and fans. You made my time at the club so enjoyable, you taught me so much, you made me many great memories and you voted me your player of the season. That will never be forgotten!

I’m not shy in saying I did not want to leave, but I feel my hand has been forced. I’m a 29-year-old with more than 600 career games (around half at this level or above), with the least goals conceded in our league last year and two awards at the end of the season. I am not a no.2 at this level, or even the level above.

The management and I had spoken about areas we wanted me to improve on, and after four months of shielding and an operation to have my appendix out, I worked my bish bosh off to get myself in the best shape I’ve ever been in.

Football is a game of opinions and if others are rated higher than me by the people who make the decisions, then that’s fair enough. But I was / am incredibly surprised and frustrated at how things have panned out over the past few months - especially as I’ve immediately been given the opportunity to go and play two divisions above for a stint.

Gary Ross is a top bloke and top GK, and he can probably drink more than me too. I don’t have a bad word to say about him and you’re in good hands with him as you’ve already seen.

Good luck for the season - I genuinely mean it when I say I hope you collectively achieve what you’re trying to do. The club and the infrastructure should not be at this level and you have a ridiculously talented group of people performing for you both on and off the pitch.”

16/10/2020 8:13 pm  #2

Re: James Shaw leaves Tooting

Very sorry to read your reasons for leaving James, but fully understandable under the circumstances.
Good luck in the future and if you happen to be passing, do drop in and say hello.

17/10/2020 9:27 am  #3

sorry to see you leave james but understand your reasons fully.top man top keeper wish you luck 
whever you play in the future and will always be welcome back.

17/10/2020 8:54 pm  #4

Board footera