“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/10/2020 9:33 pm  #1

Contributors

Would I be correct in thinking that the amount of contributors on this forum has diminished since June.
It certainly appears so.

27/10/2020 11:37 pm  #2

Re: Contributors

Yes Alan I was considering closing it because I spend a lot of time preventing scammers and hackers and nobody really is using it.

28/10/2020 6:03 am  #3

I think that Whatsap is taking over from lots of forums.  I have read that it keeps out people that do not agree with the groups point of view.

I do not post as I do not go to matches anymore.

28/10/2020 10:07 am  #4

Your efforts are appreciated Mr Administrator, haven't posted recently, but always look in now and then.

28/10/2020 11:07 am  #5

Keep this forum going if possible. Yes  a lot of people are using the WhatsApp group and it is very useful for up to date info on travel and players.

But what you don't get normally is a more in depth chat that you can only really get on a forum with individual topics. Once a message has gone up the page on WhatsApp its normally forgotten forever!

And although it hasn't happened much recently, you can only get visitors from other clubs on a forum like this which I used to enjoy when it did occur. Maybe when we get promoted and start playing clubs with bigger fanbases it might start up again.

28/10/2020 12:52 pm  #6

I also hope you do not close this forum Gary as I previously used to enjoy reading fellow supporters views on various topics relating to the club.
What we do not want, as was the previous cause for concern is personal attacks upon individuals and negativity.
Being unable to get to games at present, any info regarding the team and the players I can only glean from this site.
As for the recent video submitted by Barnsy I found that very entertaining  and was the next best thing to attending the game, more please!
There was a post suggesting a certain degree of optimism should be evident regarding the teams current performances and results, i know there is a long way to go ( should we be allowed to finish the season!) but i also feel this might be the season for at least a playoff finish.
Just can not wait untill i can at last see a game live, be iit home or away.

Last edited by alanj (28/10/2020 12:56 pm)

28/10/2020 12:54 pm  #7

Nobody even comments on matches anymore.  A year ago by nine in the evening supporters would be giving their opinion positive or negative.

I doesn't look good.

28/10/2020 1:43 pm  #8

Gary, have sent you a personal message

28/10/2020 2:10 pm  #9

Mike I have responded mate thanks .

28/10/2020 2:29 pm  #10

The team is decent Alan with so many changes last night we did well against a oppo who was overwhelmed with the crowd and didn’t really put up much resistance.
Gary Rose is a special keeper who barks all game at the defence. He looks like a keeper who puts the fear into defenders to do their job and has the quality to back it. The senior players are very good at the moment and Dan Williams and Troy look useful and fast. I would still like to see a LWB with a left foot, Young Levi did well but for me isn’t a LWB.
What we also have in the players is not just a will to win but a will to fight if needed. There is a edge to some of the players like Jake Rose who is not just a baller but will go toe to toe with anyone which we have missed that nasty side of the game.
That’s the good news , I still have concerns which I am hope you allow me to about our non contractual arrangement with players and FW Consultants. I also have concerns how we would do under the current arrangement if we go up . I have been watching a lot of Premier football lately after being invited by various people and I have to say the golf in class is a worry. The kids will be playing against fitter , better stronger seasoned adult players and I think will struggle.
For now we can enjoy a increase in support, which are not all ground hoppers , they are new Tooting fans. A large credit needs to go to Steve Harold and friends. The atmosphere at games Alan is like a dream. Honestly it is amazing to see. With a current winning team which the managers have to take credit for and with the new support Mr Adkins has a real chance to build a brilliant football club with such great history. I just hope he takes it and doesn’t cut the budget once we get promoted again. If he doesn’t than I feel that old supporters may return and we could dare to dream of becoming  a decent Premier league club which after 45 years of hurt would be enough for me .

Last edited by The Administrator (28/10/2020 2:31 pm)

29/10/2020 5:41 pm  #11

.The apparent lack of interest in this forum is even worse at Harrogaate Town where despite all the club's  success the fans forum has effectively closed with all the main contributors switching to Facebook (much to my annoyance). I still check Bogend regularly as it is a useful source of information for long distance supporters..Really pleased to know there are positive signs of progress; just hope that this time it doesn't  prove to be another false dawn. Proud to be Town and a Terror! 

29/10/2020 7:26 pm  #12

Having not contributed for some time I just thought that I would comment on the Yeovil/Tooting video on Roger Ramone's twitter site. It brings back memories of a fabulous day when I travelled with the team to Yeovil not expecting too much. When we went 3-0 up I couldn't believe it. We were under tremendous pressure and held out for a great 3-2 victory. There is some film of our committee including John Goddard, Frank Jannaway and a very young dark haired Chris Jackson. Graham Poll was excellent that day, despite being under considerable pressure from the Yeovil players.  

29/10/2020 8:05 pm  #13

I was searching for that Chris and could not find it. I remember helping Frank with the pitch after school and in the summer holidays. The highlight a Rich tea biscuit and a cup of hot sweet tea . I used to sit there gripped by his story’s of Tooting. John was a great man , his wife was also really lovely. I remember you with dark hair.
What year was that game Chris ? Because I too remember going away to Yeovil on the coach as a kid.
RIP Frank And John.
Regards
Gary Walker

29/10/2020 9:38 pm  #14

Thank-you for the information regarding the team, the crowd and all the other information. I just can not wait to watch a game again and take in the atmosphere.
I really do miss my Saturdays and weekdays games, and like yourself, a lot of credit has to go to all those people behind the scenes who are making such a difference.
Long may it continue.

29/10/2020 10:04 pm  #15

HI ALAN GOOD TO SEE YOU ON HERE. GARY PLEASE DONT SHUT THIS FORUM. I AGREE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE USING WHATS APP & I AM ONE OF THEM. BUT WHAT I PUT ON THERE IS NOT ALWAYS TOOTING RELATED. AS YOU CAN SEE I DO THE LAST MAN STANDING WHICH NO DOUBT IS READ BY WHO ARE IN THE COMPETITION THROUGH THE FORUM. I CAN PUT MY OPINION ON MATCHES BUT PEOPLE MAY MAKE THE WRONG ASSUMPTION AS PREVIOUSLY HAPPENED

30/10/2020 10:45 am  #16

Even though i don't go as often as I use to i still enjoy dipping into this forum

Was at the Staines game, and despite the contentious red card we killed the game off in the last 20 mins

I have seen the Yeovil video, 1988/89 I think. I wss there, and remember the Yeovil bar not serving Toots fans after the game. Yeovil only lost one other home game that season, QPR in THE FA Cup

Keep up the good work Gary

30/10/2020 11:27 am  #17

Thanks Peter, yes I was there aged 12. My uncle Ricky Scott was playing for the supporters club then.
I hope you enjoy your time in Norwich this weekend. I spoke to Danny yesterday.

30/10/2020 12:29 pm  #18

Hi Gary,
The posting of the Yeovil game was on October 20th on Roger Ramone's twitter site.
It's on You Tube so it should be easy to find.
The match was played in 1988 and from memory the Yeovil directors were quite sporting.
Read above that the Tooting fans couldn't get a drink at the bar, and if it's true that's terrible.
I remember talking to Trevor Ford in later years, who was managing Bromley at the time of the Yeovil game and he was astounded when the result came through. Bromley were challenging Yeovil for top spot.  

31/10/2020 10:20 pm  #19

That Yeovil match  would certainly rate highly in a top 10 list of my all time favourite Tooting matches. Being a night match it was the latest I ever got home from a game -  my wife didn't bother to wait up for me! Most of those who travelled on the supporters coach went into the stand and I seem to remember it was only Tim Megone and I celebrating wildly, and perhaps a little riskily, at the end where the goals were scored. No trouble for us from the Yeovil supporters but we were pretty shocked by their abuse of our black players and even one of their own. Sadly the  much publicised incident  last season shows that a racist element lives on. 

Board footera