“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/12/2020 4:38 pm  #1

Tier 2 Football return

So I understand that there is a meeting with our league and the FA on Tuesday. At the moment we can have friendly matches with other clubs in tier 2 and can welcome a reduced crowd. If we play a team in tier three at home we can not entertain away supporters. We are all hoping that the league action will return on the 19th of December but no decision has been made.
The club house will have to be closed unless it sells a substantial lunch or dinner meal. Does this mean that the tea bars have to close? I guess the Shak sells a main meal.
Can anyone tell me if I have missed anything or got anything wrong?

03/12/2020 10:00 pm  #2

Re: Tier 2 Football return

New Statement from the leagues website. It’s not looking good.

“The Pitching In Isthmian, Northern Premier and Southern Leagues have released a joint statement

The Clubs in membership of the Northern Premier, Southern and Isthmian Leagues (the Trident Leagues) met earlier this week to consider the challenges and issues brought about by the reintroduction of Tiers after the raising of the nationwide lockdown with effect from yesterday.
The clubs were asked to vote on a proposition that the pause in fixtures be continued with a regular review in light of changes to the Tiers and/or grants becoming available. The total votes cast by the 224 Clubs show a substantial number of Clubs in agreement with the proposition. The matter has been considered today by all concerned and a further statement will be issued in due course.”

04/12/2020 9:26 am  #3

This reads that the clubs have agreed "that the pause in fixtures be continued"  and therefore no football for us for the foreseeable future. Will be interesting to read the full statement and try to understand the logic behind this. 

04/12/2020 12:49 pm  #4

I am gutted. I was really looking forward to football over Christmas. I think the league  maybe cancelled again this season. I understand it for teams in Kent , they don’t want to play in front of a home away crowd without their on fans being able to watch.
Grassroots Rugby has also been cancelled this season.

Board footera