“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/12/2020 12:32 pm  #1

Friendly Matches announced

Details of friendly games announced : 
Tuesday 8th December :            Three Bridges         Away 7.30pm KO
Saturday 12th  December :       Whyteleafe             Home 2pm KO
Tuesday 22nd December**      Carshalton              Home 7.45pm KO  **To be confirmed after their Trophy match
Monday 28th December           Merstham              Home 1.30pm KO

Prices:Season ticket holders free, £10 adult, £5 concessions £1 kids

Refreshments:No alcohol to be served or allowed in the ground due to COVID-19 restrictions but the Shak will be open 
All previous COVID-19 restrictions remain in place e.g. social distancing, hand sanitiser, track and trace etc…

Caroline McRoyall, ChairTooting & Mitcham United FC

Last edited by DeePee (08/12/2020 12:34 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

08/12/2020 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Friendly Matches announced

Is it just me who thinks that although it's great to get some football back it would be better to be playing league matches and don't understand the logic behind all this?

Why suspend the league but continue to play friendlies? 

10/12/2020 10:18 am  #3

Re: Friendly Matches announced

As I understand it the league game suspension was not in our hands. We voted but ultimately it was an Isthmian League decision. I guess there are areas were no fans would be allowed and certainly the lack of income from a bar would be a serious loss.

Playing friendlies is with in our control. And clearly a number of clubs are willing to play.

This is a possitive thing (I know that's rare for this site)

Players will keep fitter, the new players will get to know the squad. And the risk of our players being tempted elsewhere to get game time will be minimised.

Tuesday was great but I guess those not there might just look at a 3-1 loss and moan.

It was great to see that we're not standing still and bringing in new players.The new faces looked very composed. Duncan in centre mid and Mike upfront (not really new).

The squad looked happy to be together even in the cold conditions.

Board footera