“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2020 4:10 pm  #1

Danny Bassett

With Hampton and Richmond signing Ryan Gondoh today from Leaf, what does this mean for Danny Bassett? He is not really getting game time and could be back with us before my predicted time of Christmas.
I hope he does return at our level he is decent.

11/11/2020 6:05 am  #2

Re: Danny Bassett

Although I haven't seen the team this years the reports lean towards it being a good balanced side which is doing well.  Why upset the balance by bringing back a player when the side is doing well?  If we bring any player in it should be a proven 30 goal a season (league goals) striker or a dominating creative midfielder and not a player who plays well only when it suites him.

11/11/2020 9:50 pm  #3

I don’t think we need a creative midfielder Ev , we probably have the best one in the league in Jake Rose, he also has a fiery edge to him that fans love. We have two really pacey strikers in Dan Williams and Troy Walters is a decent find.
What we really need and I am hoping the management are trying  to find in our 4 week break  is a LWB. I can’t believe they haven’t phoned  Wedgy. Maybe they feel let down when he went to Merstham.
If Bassett did return he has real competition now up front.

29/11/2020 9:54 pm  #4

I posted this on the 10th of November, ten days later Danny was realised by Hampton. The question is , is he coming home to us ?

03/12/2020 3:02 pm  #5

Danny has signed for Braintree who are currently second from bottom in the Conference South. I still say my target to have him back by Christmas is on.

16/7/2021 11:23 pm  #6

Danny is trialling currently at Carshalton.  He is getting nearer and nearer home to us and down the leagues.

Board footera