“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/8/2021 3:21 pm  #1

postponement of bank holiday game vs sutton common rovers

can anybody explain why the bank holiday game against sutton common rovers has been moved to tuesday evening
this game is i think our only local derby and bearing in mind this game was going to be on a bank holiday i think quite a lot if revenue will be lost and moreover quite a lot of people wont be able to attend on the tuesday evening.

i know a lot of people are not happy with this decision unless anybody knows of a good reason ? please let me  and
other people know why???

23/8/2021 4:27 pm  #2

Re: postponement of bank holiday game vs sutton common rovers

Silly decision. Can't get my head round it. I won't be going now, nor will the 2 others I go with.

23/8/2021 5:55 pm  #3

As I understand it it is to give the players more recovery time after the Saturday game.
They are all part timers and work for a living.
Player welfare has always been high on the managers priority list

23/8/2021 6:27 pm  #4

yes they are part timers but they probably wont be at work on the sunday and monday is a bank holiday so 
doubtful if they will be at work then,anyway they are supposed to be fit young men i can remember when 
tooting won the old isthmian league div 2 they played i think 5 games in about 9 days the boys managed it then and the managers have a big enough squad to pick from so dont see the problem.

23/8/2021 6:29 pm  #5

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔. Not sure on that one. But hey ho.

23/8/2021 6:52 pm  #6

ive just looked it up and actually keith banos toots team that season played thursday,friday,and saturday to finish and that was with a squad of i think about 15 players i honestly think the welfare bit is a poor excuse
no consideration as usual to the supporters

23/8/2021 9:15 pm  #7

Rest seems to be the reason. I think science might show that the extra 24 hours is beneficial for recovery, but at our level,an extra 100 through the gate should have taken priority. I don't know about this group but in the past we have had plenty of Sunday footballers in the team.

Board footera