“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/8/2021 2:26 pm  #1

gypsy joey james

just found out gypsy joe a good friend for many years has passed away joe had been very ill for some time but still 
managed to attend toots games those who knew him will know he was a real character a mitcham boy who i 
personally will miss rip gysy joe

25/8/2021 2:58 pm  #2

Re: gypsy joey james

That is really sad news Daniel.  He bore his illness well over the last few years and was always chipper.  I'll miss his "Hello Bruv".

25/8/2021 7:28 pm  #3

Joey and me travelled home and away for the last 9 seasons and I feel so incredibly sad. I hope the club can pay some sort of tribute to him on Saturday. We shared a love of Tooting, Chelsea and Beer, but not necessarily in that order. R.I.P. Gypsy Joe.

25/8/2021 8:09 pm  #4

just seen your post chris share your sadness mate i knew joey when we was growing up will miss the fella.
By the way chris would love to see ya down at toots again missed you as well,

26/8/2021 7:46 pm  #5

Danny, I was at the Erith & B cup game and hoped to see you in the bar before the game. I'm going to try and persuade the Ball & Chain to let me go to the game on Saturday, would love to buy you a beer or two.

Mr. Rubbery, I hope Joe provided the information and I provided the fun to our occasional chats.

If anyone is in contact with anyone at the club who has any clout,  (or if anyone with any clout reads this post) I'd love it if they could play ' He ain't heavy, he's my brother' by The Hollies before kick off or at half time. Me and Joe always  sponsored a player's kit and called ourselves 'The Blues Brothers', I'll probably blub if they do though 

27/8/2021 6:48 am  #6

stephen appreciate whatever you manage to arrange in the way of a tribute to joe and recently passed 
supporters if you can arrange anything greatly appreciated. thank you.

27/8/2021 9:19 am  #7

Great song choice

27/8/2021 11:05 am  #8

well done 59r great picture of the terrible twins.

Board footera