“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/10/2021 5:19 pm  #1

toots vs whithawk

only my second game of the season and what a letdown i went with an open mind and left feeling totally 
deflated. what an absolute joke of a performance outplayed from start to finish and this from a team in 18th 
position in their division.
If this is the the best we can expect from this team you can forget being in the play offs more likely expect a relegation battle.
Get rid of the two muppets posing as joint managers or face a relegation battle they are a joke and so is the team 
representing tooting and mitcham.

10/10/2021 9:56 am  #2

Re: toots vs whithawk

Last weeks win against Northwood looked good on paper, but those that were there could see that there were glaring weaknesses in our game. It quietened down the doubters for a week but that game was never one to gauge where we are as a team in this division. The next two league games against high flying Bracknell and Uxbridge will tell us more. 2 or more points from these matches would indicate progress and give us confidence to press for a playoff place later on in the season. 2 defeats and we're back where we were. Lower mid table, not good enough for a club like ours.

10/10/2021 10:09 am  #3

Thankfully I missed this weekend's performance due to family commitments. Will be at the game next weekend though.

I think we all need to get used to the idea that we wont progress up the leagues all the time we have the current owner in place. He isn't going to invest in the team, that much is clear, and will continue to run things on a tight budget.

The current path of developing youth will continue as it's a cheap way of filling places in the first team.

My only hope is of winning the lottery, so I can purchase the football club, get a seasoned manager like Hayden Bird in place with a decent budget, to push us up the leagues.

I guess we should be grateful we have a football club to support.

10/10/2021 11:44 am  #4

Darren, keep buying those lottery tickets, because, you are right, no experienced manager that know players and know this league will come to us without a half decent budget to work with.

I don't feel grateful that I have a club to support. People praising Adkins for keeping the club afloat just gives him a free pass to continue down his current path and run the club into the ground. He knew what he was getting into before he took over, but continues to cut the budget despite the resources that could be on offer. I'm pretty sure that people in the local non league scene cannot believe that we are where we are, considering the facilities we have.

10/10/2021 12:15 pm  #5

Andy, Darren p i echo your words and your absolutely right but something else pissed me off a bit after the 4th goal went in and like a good many others i started to lose a bit of interest in the game i was looking around and noticed that some of the new faces that have started to come to the games seemed to be having quite a jolly laughing and taking selfies and not taking any notice of the game.

Dont get me wrong we badly need new supporters but the way the game was going didnt seem very important to some people whereas for myself i felt sick to my stomach at the rubbish i was watching thats my team i thought and there are some people who dont look like they give a toss.

10/10/2021 1:07 pm  #6

I wouldn't worry about that too much Danny. People react to bad results in different ways. Some people aren't bothered, for others it ruins their weekend. I've normally got it out of my system 5 minutes after the final whistle. At least we have new fans showing an interest.

10/10/2021 2:53 pm  #7

Darren, take a look at the way that the "club" is setup (the structure used to be in the programme and it probably still is): companies within companies.  No one, let alone you and your (hopeful) lottery millions will touch it.

Gary knows loads about this but sadly he has walked further away from the club than I have.

Board footera