“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/10/2021 9:37 am  #1

Tooting 0 Bracknell 1

No points but a very encouraging performance against one of the stronger teams in the division. We were in the game right up until the final whistle and Bracknell could not have complained had we got a draw.
A more settled defence would make us less vulnerable at the back, an improvement in that area might see us steadily climb up the league and a playoff place could still be a possibility. The handbags at the end were not in keeping with the rest of the game and was the only disappointment in an otherwise very enjoyable game.

17/10/2021 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 0 Bracknell 1

Hi andy good to hear it was a better performance against a team that had only lost one league game and the returning Nathan daley would im sure have made us stronger at the back,but the handbags that you refer to at the end i was told were almost quite nasty and the results could have been more serious,
i saw that darryl coleman was sent off following the brawling does anybody know what happened ?

18/10/2021 9:42 am  #3

Good to see the fighting spirit of the team, however at the end of the day and bottom line another pointless game. It’s these games that must be won. Barring a miracle our hopes of getting out of this dreadful level of football will depend on the end of season play-off lottery, if we make it!

18/10/2021 1:09 pm  #4

I don't think that losing against the league front runners matters that much Mike.  What the club needs to do is win against the other clubs outside of the top five or six and hope to pick up a few points against the top sides.

If by the new year things have not improved new team management will need to be installed.

18/10/2021 1:18 pm  #5

AS FOOTBALL GOES, FOR A TEAM THAT IS NEAR THE TOP I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. HOOFING THE BALL LIKE THAT IS NOT FOOTBALL (ROUTE 1 ). ANDY IT WAS NOT HANDBAGS.

19/10/2021 7:30 am  #6

geoff g wrote:

AS FOOTBALL GOES, FOR A TEAM THAT IS NEAR THE TOP I WAS NOT IMPRESSED. HOOFING THE BALL LIKE THAT IS NOT FOOTBALL (ROUTE 1 ). ANDY IT WAS NOT HANDBAGS.

From where I was standing it looked a lot more than just "Handbags", don't know what was said or done but judging from the reaction of some of the Tooting players it must have been serious. Notice Daryl got a second yellow and the Bracknell No4 got booked after the event.

Board footera