“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/1/2022 3:09 pm  #1

January - Warm / Cold Forecast for the New Year

After picking up 9 face saving points in December, which hopefully will avoid the drop into oblivion which included  the expected wins over the other below average clubs in this league, but what proved to be the last fixture of the month was a disastrous loss to Staines Town.

January’s fixture has a similar feel of both hot and cold about them as the December fixtures. A real mixture of matches hopefully should result in Tooting heading up the best of the “Bad Bunch.”

Fixtures are based as at 1st January, and subject to  any cancelled matches being re-scheduled.

3/1/22 – Home to Hanwell Town
The Geordie stripes 6th in the league visit Imperial Fields in search of victory in their play-off promotion challenge. Tooting will do well to gain a point.

8/1/22 – Away to Bedfont Sports
Bedfont are on the same points as Hanwell and are also chasing a possible play-off place.  Tooting will do well to take any points from this tough fixture.

11/1/22 – Home to Haringey Borough
This totally meaningless London County Cup fixture interrupts the league programme.

15/1/22 – Home to Guernsey
A chance of the first double of the season after the shock victory in the away game. You would expect 3 points from this fixture.

18/1/22 – Home to Balham
The less said about this meaningless Surrey County Cup Fixture the better!

22/1/22 – Away to Chipstead
On paper this should be an away win.

29/1/22 – Home to South Park
Another home win predicted.

05/1/2022 11:21 am  #2

Re: January - Warm / Cold Forecast for the New Year

Frosty start to the New Year.Not my opinion, but quotes from other fans.

"Men playing boys, experience players who knew each other and knew their ositions, smothering our midfield as if it didn’t exist (which it didn’t) and taking their chances when the opportunity presented."

"Our goalkeeper played a blinder, our defence was good apart from the two goals we conceded."

"Danny was left alone upfront, and never got a shot on goal throughout the match but worked tirelessly on his own. There was no support from our mid-field."

"Hanwell where a well-disciplined side, knew each other well, and worked well together."
 "Our star players were No.12 (Nikolai)  & No.16 (Marco – one to watch for the future!)  & Daly – No.5. "

"Unless we sort out =our mid-field,  we will never score goals and continue to slip down the greasy pole to relegation. Another dismal failure by the Chuckle Brothers." 

Last edited by Mikem (05/1/2022 11:23 am)

05/1/2022 11:59 am  #3

Apparently the chuckle brothers didnt even bother with a half time team talk and thought that it was more important to be interviewed by Sky Sports what a joke those two are becoming

08/1/2022 5:35 pm  #4

I just checked in on today's match against Bedfont and wished that I hadn't.  We went from 3 nil up to lose 5-4, also being 4-2 up along the way.  Bedfont were only in the lead once: when they scored their fifth.

Another great day for the Chuckle Brothers.

08/1/2022 5:55 pm  #5

was watching football web pages i too saw 3- 0 at half time wont say i was that surprised that we got beat 
4-5 when you cant close a game down from 3-0 and then 4-2 that says it all about our poor side and 
incidentaly we have now used 56 players this season when are you going to send these 2 managers packing Mr Adkins presumably when were in the combined counties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08/1/2022 9:08 pm  #6

Hi Dan,
Nothing is going to happen to the “Chuckle Brothers his pathetic statement he quotes the following:
“​I am already speaking to Ashley and Cornelius about next season, and we want to start it with strong intent.  Now the planning has been achieved I want to be sure that the Club is in the best possible shape for its future. “

They are too expensive to his plans, especially the Academy set up, plus he only plays lip service to the team. However,  I must admit it's the first time he's ever mentioned the team and any ambitions, we all await with baited breath. In the meantime lets hope they start well in the Combined Counties League! 

09/1/2022 8:45 am  #7

That was the part of the Adkins' statement that summed the the club up to me.  He is saying that even if we are relegated the Chuckle Brothers are safe, as relegation or promotion or mid table mediocrity makes no difference to what he wants; which does not seem to first team progression.

14/1/2022 10:26 am  #8

With half the season completed, All South-Central teams from Tooting 11th   to the bottom 19th position average less than one point per game. All these teams potentially could be drawn into a relegation battle towards the end of the season.  Thankfully the 9 points collected by Tooting in December lifted them to 11th position, otherwise they would have been equal bottom.  With 3 games (1 cup) played so far in this New Year have all been lost. However, there are a number of teams not performing well, including Sutton Common Rovers, Chalfont St Peter, Staines Town and Northwood.

Staines Town who were hammered at home losing 12-0 on Tuesday evening look in serious trouble. This after beating Tooting 2-0 during the last game of December, and I understand the Staines players celebrated in the home changing room as if they had won the FA Cup. Their problems are not just confined to their playing form, but as Tooting fans are aware they have problems with facility restrictions at the Wheatsheaf ground.

Guernsey who are currently equal bottom of the league have numerous games in hand of everyone, and they meet Tooting at Imperial Fields on Saturday with 8 games to spare on the home club. After shock win against Guernsey away, Tooting now need to repeat this fete, which would alleviate a serious situation and lift the team over the 1 point per game average.

14/1/2022 7:00 pm  #9

A must win for the Chuckle Brothers after a our shock cup defeat midweek.  Mid table mediocrity is at stake, though the push for relegation is still an option.

Nail biting stuff 😱

14/1/2022 7:34 pm  #10

ev you are such a tease

15/1/2022 6:00 am  #11

I know Dan.  But really, our goal difference is piss poor compared to Chalfont, Staines, Northwood and Sutton and I cannot see us letting enough goals in.  So if we really want to go down we will need to do it on points.

20/1/2022 12:28 pm  #12

Without a win since the 18th December 2021, with a Record of 5 loses and one draw, Tooting are having a grim time. The match away to Chipstead this Saturday really has no relevance apart from trying to avoid relegation! Probably the lowest the club has been in terms of combined league position and playing ability in its history. What should have been an opportunity to move on this season and get out of this dreadful level of Football, has proved a great disaster in terms of team’s performances and the completes shambles, humiliation and embarrassment of a structure that surrounds it all! 

I repeat the words to this song which about typifies surrounds the change of hands for the control of the Football Club some 20 plus years ago.
Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
We're on a road to nowhere
Come on inside
Takin' that ride to nowhere
We'll take that ride

20/1/2022 7:17 pm  #13

Mike.  Are you trying to say that you don't think we are going to be promoted this season?😨

21/1/2022 10:00 am  #14

Well Ev,
I’m stunned for an answer, but I think not. Perhaps winning a few games against the other also runs and struggling teams in this league would be a great fete! 

21/1/2022 10:25 am  #15

Blimey, I didn't see that coming. I thought through reading all of the club media that we were on the up with the youth team players leading the charge.

Thanks for the heads-up Mike.

Last edited by evthedog (21/1/2022 12:08 pm)

26/1/2022 10:00 am  #16

Now without a win in 7 games, and a dismal January coming to an end, surely a home win must be scheduled against another lowly club South Park on Saturday. An average of 1 point per game usually guarantees safety from relegation. To gain promotion in this pathetic level of Football you must win this league outright to stand any chance. We still have a chance, if Bracknell lose all their remaining games and Tooting win all theirs, we’ll gain promotion by 2 points, so everything to play for this Saturday!

26/1/2022 10:24 am  #17

A must win Mike, seeing as Northwood bunny-hopped us with a big win last night.

February looks hard and March looks even harder when we play the current top teams.

26/1/2022 11:21 am  #18

Ev,
You have to remain over optimistic and very positive in this shambolic mire, on this road to nowhere. 

26/1/2022 11:53 am  #19

Oh I am Mike.  I am sure that it is all a part of the club masterplan.

29/1/2022 5:30 pm  #20

Bedfont saved us from 15th place with a 90th minute equaliser against Thatcham.

29/1/2022 10:44 pm  #21

Why is Billy Brown not getting regular first team football? He's a passionate and talented fan favourite. Also wondering why Hamlin (albeit he's retiring at the end of the season?) isn't being played. I'm sure he'd get a few more cards but again he's got the fire and passion. Feel sorry for Dixon - great at holding the ball up but not a regular goal scorer. If Walters ever decides to move on, we'd be in far more serious trouble than we are already. I just don't get the (lack of) tactics.

30/1/2022 9:32 am  #22

That's a harsh appraisal of the Chuckle Brothers Gary: throwing games.  I prefer to think that they are out of their depth, possibly, as you say, by having to do too much.

30/1/2022 11:43 am  #23

January comes to  a bitter end! Tooting’s Chances of automatic promotion were blown away before yesterday’s match had started. Bracknell were awarded the points from their abandoned match with Chertsey which ended the Tooting surge to promotion. But It’s not all over a play-off place in possible where 12 clubs will fight for promotion for one place in the so-called Premier Division.

But it’s not all bad news, even with 8 games without a win……We are still in strong contention for a relegation spot and the door to oblivion (Not that has already happened).……..C’mon you Terrors!!!!!

Last edited by Mikem (30/1/2022 12:01 pm)

30/1/2022 1:29 pm  #24

So what you are saying Mike is that it's all still to play for 🙌

The excitement is killing me 😉

30/1/2022 2:19 pm  #25

With over 50 players used for first team duty already this season, it does look a bit like a shop window Gary.

Board footera