“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/1/2022 2:55 pm  #1

An Historic Story - New book.

Pre orders now being taken for Ian Bullock's new book. "Tooting and Mitcham Utd Fc - An historic story"

Ian Bullock's new epic account of T&MU FC's history covers almost every season since 1932 up to the Covid 19 truncated seasons.

This superb 85 page large format A4 hardback book is printed on high quality paper and is packed with facts, photographs and statistics that many of you never even knew existed.

Written in Ian's inimitable style and edited and compiled by David Penn pre-orders are now being taken for this limited edition book at only £30.

Contact tmufc.history@gmail.com or see Ian or David at home matches to reserve your copy.

Last edited by DeePee (12/1/2022 2:57 pm)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

13/1/2022 9:26 am  #2

Re: An Historic Story - New book.

Congratulations on getting this book into publication, and capturing the last 90years of the club’s history. I know the hard work, research and dedication in getting this far, and I know Ian has worked tirelessly over many years keeping club records and saving the club’s history. I will always remember when amongst his numerous volunteering duties for the club when he worked in the Sandy Lane tea bar, where he made available a collection of newspaper photo pictures which  were pinned on the shutter doors. DeePees match day programme experiences will no doubt have helped getting Ian’s booked into production.

90 years will help capture the club’s chequered history, from the highs, the lows, and the very lows, and for any Tooting supporter this is must have read. For the new generation of supporters this will be a chance to see  how the club progressed over the years, and provide an In depth experience of a history that is sadly being lost.

Well done to Ian and DeePee for your great efforts, and I hope your venture is well rewarded.

Last edited by Mikem (13/1/2022 9:27 am)

13/1/2022 4:13 pm  #3

Many thanks Mike on behalf of both Ian and myself.

I know Ian worked tirelessly to got this updated and back together again and I know he's chuffed with the electronic version that he's seen so far.

I'm hoping he'll be even more chuffed when he sees the actual hard copy and it'll be a huge lift for him as he's been feeling really poorly of late.

We currently have around 15 orders so far and we only went 'live' with this two days ago.

Cheers all. Keep the orders flooding in.

30/1/2022 7:45 pm  #4

Dear all.
I now have a proof copy of the book available for viewing at future home matches.
We are also hopeful of having a stock of finished books available for collection at our next home match v Uxbridge on 12th Feb.
Orders still being taken on tmufc.history@gmail.com
Thanks for your reservations so far.

05/2/2022 3:45 pm  #5

Great article on the Isthmian League website :

https://www.isthmian.co.uk/a-book-of-terrors-69228

05/2/2022 8:39 pm  #6

Hi DeePee,
Well done on getting out the publicity out on Ian’s book and the brief notes on his hard work, dedication and association with the Football Club on the Isthmian league website. The coverage and images shown on the book look great, let’s hope you have to go into a reprint 😊. Hopefully this wonderful book will give a great insight into the Football Team for all those new supporters.

Sent you a PM.

Board footera