“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/2/2022 11:15 am  #1

February- A time for Romance or a Massacre!!!!

After a dreadful and pathetic January performances from the  Football Team, the fans live in hope something changes, maybe a win in February would bring joy for the fans. Now without a win 8 games, and a season which has seen the club at its lowest level ever, this does not seem to faze the ownership or the members club. Everything is now directed at the ground expansion project, just read the club statement and Membership Club statements. The football team is a forgotten throw away, and a noose around the owner’s neck. A membership chairman who’s supposed to represent the fans, treats them with contempt, and is basically naïve idiot or a performing puppet! Well, the long-standing fans just have to suffer this humiliation and basically cannot do squat all about it.

So, lets look ahead to the games in February, and my personal views, some may have other views, they are as follows: -
Tue 1st   Feb – Away –   Binfield        -   League Cup
Today, Cup fever strikes again, in this meaningless game. Another trip to the farm field in the middle of nowhere for those ardent fans. On form a Binfield should win if they field their first team, they have had numerous yellow cards recently. Bottom line who cares about this inconsequential match.  

Sat 5th   Feb – Away -   Northwood   -   League
This is a key match for both teams in the relegation battle, Northwood seen to have been turning a corner, and have leapt over Tooting after being in dire straits. and this will prove to be a tough game.

Sat 12th Feb – Home -   Uxbridge      -   League
With Bracknell running away with league, Uxbridge along with 5 other clubs, will want to finish ahead of the chasing pack, and make the promotion matches a little easier for this nightmare scenario. Tooting will do well to take a point.
Sat 19th Feb  - Away -   Bracknell      -   League
The second of back to matches against tough opponents, when Tooting visit the runaway leader of the league. On form a home win  

Wed 23th Feb- Away -   Sutton CR     -   League
Although an away game this should be an easy win as SCR are struggling. Along with Staines and Chalfont, these clubs are really at risk of relegation. Also, Guernsey are at risk as well, and almost playing two games a week and extensive travel commitments, there is a lot of pressure. The games in hand have not proved productive for them

Sat   26th Feb Home – Ashford          -    League
 A clash with a middle of the table average opponents should see Tooting with a home victory?

Since 2005 :The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!!

01/2/2022 3:56 pm  #2

Re: February- A time for Romance or a Massacre!!!!

As i am restricted to the house due to being unable to do otherwise, one day Mike you will surprise us all and write something positive about the club and the management which will show that you do not just hold a grudge about the way the club is moving forward, despite your negative attitude.

01/2/2022 4:56 pm  #3

Hi Alan.
Will send you a pm. Nice to hear you're alive and well. Well, alive at least.
All the best mate.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/2/2022 5:23 pm  #4

Hi alan really good to here you are still with us buddy i know your views and of course i respect them but al we really have sunk to quite a low level the joint managers really are clueless and our football club is not in a good place right now i know we dont agree on the way the owner runs the club but my view will remain my view but apart from all that can i wish you all the best and hope you get somewhat better,i always looked forward to our discuttions before the game really hope to see you at a game again mate.

01/2/2022 6:16 pm  #5

Alan J, I used to write lots of positive things about the club in hope things would change, but after 17 years of failure what is there to write about. After all the hype f the first project back in 2005 and all the glitter with bells on, exactly nothing has happened Balham a team from the lower reaches of the Combined Counties league, without a ground, about sums everything up. As for projects heard it all before, It just deserves a big yawn!

Many loyal fans have now given up on Imperial fields, including long time servants and volunteers, that about says everything.

Since 2005 :The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!!

01/2/2022 6:16 pm  #6

Hello Alan.

I've stopped going to matches so I cannot comment on our perfomance on the pitch.  However, on this forum, open to all fans, I am not reading any posts with a positive view of our matches.

If supporters have a different view from the ones posted here they are not posting them.  So, maybe, it really is grim.

I hope that things get better for you soon and that you can get to matches again.

Ev

01/2/2022 7:09 pm  #7

Boris Johnson?😂

02/2/2022 10:55 am  #8

Shock we play 3 of our best players that were on the bench Saturday and we win. Will these 3 start Saturday?

02/2/2022 2:53 pm  #9

A good night for us in the league too, with the results all going our way.

03/2/2022 11:32 am  #10

So, we managed to win 3 - 1 away but those that didn't go only have been told one of the scorers.  Is this a closely guarded secret and will they finish on the bench next week?

03/2/2022 2:26 pm  #11

Brassneck, I have just read your posting:

Firstly, you after treating Tooting fans with total contempt. the word “tough” seems to indicate the fans were hoping the team would lose again! After 9 games before a win and a totally humiliating season, the fans were crying out for victory in some shape or form even in this meaningless fixture, and the use of 10 substitutes.

Secondly you say” A brilliant win”. On the that assumption you were at the game and observed the match. Please provide a brilliant personal match report for those hoards who were unable to travel to watch this great game”.

We await your report.

03/2/2022 4:37 pm  #12

Mike your bang as usual i think this brassneck guy has been trotted out to comment by the members club because none of them have the BRASSNECK to comment and why does he not post under his real name i do and i dont care who knows it

03/2/2022 5:15 pm  #13

Hello stephen good to know your real name and i apologise you are not a newcomer then but i still suspect your an adkins acolyte

04/2/2022 8:01 pm  #14

Let's all wish Isaiah Jones a good game tonight against Manchester United

10/2/2022 12:40 pm  #15

Without a league win since the 18th December Tooting face Promotion chasing Uxbridge at home this weekend. and a win is long overdue, plus Uxbridge’s recent results have not been impressive. An average of 1 point per game should ensure relegation safety, and Tooting are now on 23 points from 24 games. However, Staines look certain to be relegated, Guernsey with 6 games in hand of Tooting look likely to miss relegation with 19 points from 18 games. Chalfont St Peter and Sutton Common Rovers look in dire straits in the relegation battle.

As Mr Steptoe and Son, points out” Tooting are creeping nearer to the relegation zone.” Tooting need 5 wins from 12 remaining games to guarantee and avoid relegation to the backwaters of football, God forbid!

Last edited by Mikem (10/2/2022 12:42 pm)

10/2/2022 4:00 pm  #16

What i wonder is does our owner even bother to look at the league table and see the dire position we could possibly find ourselves in after saturday certainly makes a mockery of his previous statements of tooting becoming THE BEST SEMI-PROFESSINAL CLUB IN THE LAND.

14/2/2022 11:51 am  #17

With the away league game against Sutton CR being postponed to  March due to  the massive cup game game at Margate, this now becomes a significant fixture in the relegation battle.
Where will the fixture take place, it's anyones guess?

Last edited by Mikem (14/2/2022 11:51 am)

Board footera