“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/3/2022 3:00 pm  #26

Re: What is going wrong with our football club

Hello Ev,
Unfortunately on planet Earth. I have to  agree with you, totally disgusting to  have that information on Football and the club. Take a look SCR's fixtures list click on the photo link to  home our home game fixture, Some great photos.

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (10/3/2022 11:47 am)

09/3/2022 4:24 pm  #27

Ev & Mikem

Clearly those at Sutton Common Rovers have never had THE VISION OF THE HUB

09/3/2022 5:41 pm  #28

Is the Vision of the Hub anything like Saul of Tarsus on the road to Damascus being struck blind by the vision of the resurrected Christ?  Or...maybe...he saw a vision of the Hub!

I always knew that my O level RE would come in handy one day.

09/3/2022 7:20 pm  #29

Ev

I can't speak for Saul of Tarsus but I can speak for Chris confidential Woolley who said on 2nd June 2002 that THE VISION OF THE HUB was:-

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

Maybe someone at themembersclub should show Chris confidential Woolley the road to Damascus

Last edited by Stan Churchillmann (09/3/2022 7:23 pm)

20/3/2022 11:26 am  #30

Another heart felt posting from an avid fan sent to  me for posting on this forum.

In any football club if a team loses as many games as T&M has done this season, their manager wouldhave gone and they would have been replaced by an experienced, enthusiastic, and a determined manager, who would make positive changes to bring out the very best in players but that hasn’t happened.

We are where we are in the league because of failings from the top down within the management structure of T&M. Everybody associated with this total mess has failed to see the warning signs, didn’t plan sufficiently enough to put right what was going wrong' although is was very apparent to the supporter what was needed. totally ignored by the Chuckle Brothers because they felt whatever they were doing was right, and they would not listen, perhaps they will listen now, but it’s too late.  Not focusing on the team's performance on the pitch, paying more interest to our Under sides has caused us to be in the position to be where we are. Devoid of ideas, not knowing what to do and where to turn too next we are doomed.

We can only thank the three amigos for putting us in this position and the failure of our Chairman to get more involved and put them on notice but that will never happen, you and I know that, the supporters know that, but do those behind the club understand where we are and where we are heading. Probably, but do they care, it doesn’t appear so because if they really cared, changes would have be made by now.

Emergency measures should have been put into place a long time ago. Too late now, and if we go down to Combined County’s league, it will be because the way our  team has been managed and treated throughout the season with over 50 players coming and going. Doesn’t it say it all!  Stefan     

Last edited by Mikem (20/3/2022 12:24 pm)

20/3/2022 12:03 pm  #31

It doesn't matter what league we compete in Mike, as the yoof program can function at any level.  Going down a league would enable those in charge to put even less cash into the first team.

I am so glad that the enforced break from football as a result of Covid helped me to realise that I could live without watching this shambles of a club, which seemed to have turned the corner just a few seasons ago.

I really really hope that we do not get flushed down the toilet bowl of this league into the sewer of the next one down.

20/3/2022 12:31 pm  #32

Hi Ev,
Agree totally with your previous comment, although not my posting but Stefan a forlorn long term faithful fan.To be honest the team has not turned any corners since the club was taken over in 2005, when the team was built to  fail. The sentiment was echoed in 2005, but was never taken on board.

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (20/3/2022 12:32 pm)

20/3/2022 1:41 pm  #33

Don't forget Gary that the cut was so big virtually all if the first team buggered off too.  I think that Aaron Goode and Jason Henry were the only two who remained.  I thought that Mark Beard worked wonders.

There, to my knowledge, has never been any explanation as to why our two visits to the Premier Division were allowed to crash and burn, and quite frankly, I do not expect one.

22/5/2022 3:53 pm  #34

You've gotta stop making me laugh Gary!  You'd have more chance of a meaningful answer from your dog!

25/5/2022 8:11 pm  #35

Gary Walker wrote:

Look at Mark Beard now. Full time coach at top of the Conference South Dorking Wanderers FC. I so wish Marc White was our owner. Watch his videos on Dorking WFC YouTube.  He is very knowledgeable and his personality is very infectious.

Gary. Are you saying that Steve Adkins comments on  Tooting and Mitcham are not very knowledgeable and his personality is not very infectious?😂😨

26/5/2022 8:45 am  #36

The heading to this forum posting is "What's is going wrong with our football club."

Please can someone explain what football club?

Last edited by Mikem (26/5/2022 8:48 am)

27/5/2022 12:32 pm  #37

Blimey Mike.  Your absence from posting was beginning to worry me.

I was beginning to think that a Members Club hit squad had rubbed you out!

28/5/2022 9:03 am  #38

Hello Ev, thanks for your concerns but I have had to  concentrate on other issues than the  "Tin Pot" football club I have supported all my life.

Being rubbed out by Puppet two faced Woolley, who now has his own puppet, doesn't concern me either. Being rubbed out by this shamble of an organisation would be a pathetic move, along with Atkins they really hate this forum because it speaks the "Truth."  DeePee the last vestige of any sensibility and communication skills within the members club quit in total disbelief at the attitude shown to him by the members club.  

I have heard rumours that life long fan Pat Collins has been banned by the members club from matches????!!!!!! I hope Dan or Pat can confirm this disgraceful (For want of a better word) decision.

Last edited by Mikem (28/5/2022 10:04 am)

28/5/2022 10:32 am  #39

I bumped into Pat last year and he told me that he can't be bothered anymore due to the way the club is run.  I don't know if he has been awarded the honour of a ban though.

Last edited by evthedog (28/5/2022 10:32 am)

28/5/2022 11:13 am  #40

As far as i know ev pat was asked to just remove the infamous t-shirt or he couldant come in to that particular match and not that pat or myself are much bothered in going to any games but if either of us decided to go we would and i dont think any of adkins acolytes would be stopping us as me and him were both members of the bog end boys back in the day so stuff em !!!!!!!!!!

22/7/2022 10:46 am  #41

Any updates to  this forum message please,

Chris Woolley's  Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

Since 2005,When is it anticipated that "Tooting & Mitcham United FC will become the best semi-professional club in the land"?  or even in the borough of Merton?

22/7/2022 8:33 pm  #42

No updates available from themembersclub

Because everything in confidential.

25/7/2022 4:15 pm  #43

I understand that there's a "Members Club" AGM coming up soon, and ive been mentioned in despatches, so to speak. I was even presented with a momento for services prior to my resignation too. Quite touched by that.
Be interesting to hear about any goings on though..... if any 😄 from the meeting as a whole.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/7/2022 8:58 am  #44

Hi DeePee, your gift should have been a solid gold medal after trying to find the middle ground between the Membership Club and the real fans ( I know this is impossible in the current set up). You put your head over the top of the bunker on numerous occasions, but I guess the budget did not stretch that far!

At least you should have stayed on and help the Football team to at least become the top non-league club of the 4 clubs in Merton. Still, we have waited since 2005 for the ultimate accolade perhaps another 18 years will not hurt to reach the top in Merton.

Still you are now located in a town with a real football club, and  I hope you enjoy your visits to “Homelands” and you never know, you maybe able to help Ashford in some way with all your gained experience.  Still, you may just want to enjoy the football instead?

Please accept our award   

31/7/2022 5:33 pm  #45

Many thanks Mike (& all) for your kind words.

I'm watching the girlies in the Euro Cup Final at Wembley and wondering how they'd fair against a decent senior non-league side.

Needless to say if they came up against the sad edifice that is the current Terrors squad I have no doubt the girls would spank them by about 5 or 6 nil !!

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

31/7/2022 9:08 pm  #46

Only FIVE or SIX ?

28/11/2022 10:25 am  #47

For all those of you who have forgotten this thread, I have posted again. Thjs includes the hilarious posting by Woolley Bully Baloney, on behalf of the Members Club. Steve Harrold, I fear your posting maybe in vain!

Last edited by Mikem (28/11/2022 10:34 am)

21/3/2023 1:58 pm  #48

Andy P, I think this is what you are looking for.

Mike

21/3/2023 2:19 pm  #49

Thanks Mike - will have a read

21/3/2023 4:09 pm  #50

Mikem wrote:

For all those of you who have forgotten this thread, I have posted again. Thjs includes the hilarious posting by Woolley Bully Baloney, on behalf of the Members Club. Steve Harrold, I fear your posting maybe in vain!

I have a feeling that yet again you are right.... 
But I will keep on pressuring people in my own way.... I might not be angry enough for some or militant enough for others. But I promise all of you on here that I care about this club and it's supporters and will carry on fighting and highlighting the serious issue we all face moving forward. 

We had a committee meeting of the Supporters Club last Friday the 17th.
Along with the others involved we are all very aware of the problems all of us are facing but we won't give in without putting our views across not only on behalf of Supporters Club members but on behalf of all of us. We spoke about a number of things and are looking at and working towards getting things in place for next season.
Well lets be honest unless there is some kind of miracle, this season has imploded completely. 

At the start of the season Anthony Harrold joined the club committee to help run and set up various social media platforms. We can now be found on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin (links Below).
Here we aim to keep fans up to date on events, plans and news that the Supporters Club will undertake in the future. Please follow / like if you can and if possible share as much of the news as possible.

Twitter: @tamufsc
Facebook:              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100083395779657
Linkedin:                https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12798035/

I fully understand that for many on here this might not be enough, but we (The Supporters Club) are not a protest group and we need to still have working relationships with the powers that be at Imperial Fields not matter how hard that is.... And it is.

Cheers Everyone.

Board footera