“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

13/3/2022 11:18 am  #1

Tooting 0 Basingstoke 1

Another loss, and with Sutton Common Rovers winning, our predicament at the bottom of the division is getting worse by the week. I can't make much of a case for us winning this game, maybe deserved a point. Possession was about even in the first 45 and apart from a few long range efforts for us that went close we didn't pose enough problems for them. The Tooting keeper was the busier of the two and we were probably fortunate to go into half time just the one goal down. We improved after the break, increased our share of possession, created one or two chances but lacked the quality to score from them. Taking Billy Brown off when we were getting on top looked a strange move as he was one of our more effective players going forward, the game just faded after that.

A very good crowd, a sizable away following and looked a lot  more than the 280 posted on the league website.

Lastly, the pitch. There was very little quality football from either side in this game. The pitch looks ok from a distance, but is very uneven and bobbly. The players don't trust the surface so one touch football becomes difficult. If you train on the plastic pitch, then play matches on this, it has to effect confidence and the general standard of play goes down.  Our pitch has been very good for many years but seems to have deteriorated lately.  I'm no groundsman so don't know how hard this is to rectify. Too many games, not enough maintenance I suppose.

13/3/2022 12:09 pm  #2

Re: Tooting 0 Basingstoke 1

Hi Andy Mc,

Always enjoy your reports totally down to earth, and told from a true fans point of view.

I received the undermentioned view of the game from our long-time fan who does not use social media.

They huffed and they puffed but could they score a goal’ – no, and despite a spirited second half, T&M were devoid of ideas of trying to find the back of the net. Unless they find a winning forward line, they are going down.  Credit to their No.9, he ran and ran, probing our defence and causing chaos for our defenders, where they could have scored another three goals in the first half.

Again, we were up against a well drilled and organised side who had age and experience on their side. From the off, we were never likely to score and the three amigos (our Chuckle brothers) just spent the time talking amongst themselves hoping a divine intervention would appear and save their jobs. However, every T&M fan & supporter knows that they will never leave or get the push because they have a chairman that wants them where they are, even if it means getting relegated, so much for the care and love of our beloved football team, putting the academy and all what it stands for (absolutely nothing) before our 1st team.     

From a supporter who joined the ranks when Richard Cadette was in charge this is the worst T&M side I have ever seen, with over 50 players coming and going in one season. It’s a joke but the supporters know that, but do those who are part of the club in ever capacity understand where we are heading. I don’t think so, because if they did, they will surely do something about it –
wouldn’t they?    

13/3/2022 3:16 pm  #3

I thought out management team were a bit more animated than usual. Maybe playing up to the Sky cameras which were in their faces most of the game. Sky being there is surely a distraction that we do not need at the moment and might it even affect team selection and substitutions ?

13/3/2022 4:28 pm  #4

Andy if these two useless jokers had any real intentions of trying to get the club out of the mess it finds itself in they they would get rid of this ridiculous sky crew and concertrate on the job in hand you really couldant make this crap up

13/3/2022 5:57 pm  #5

What is this with Sky?  And if the Chuckle Brothers are giving them time during the game they cannot be concentrating fully on the game.

Board footera