“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/10/2014 7:19 am  #1

New signing

Welcome Lewis Gonsalves, a centre half, who has joined us fromDulwich Hamlet.

A bit about him here http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/s/the-team-56196.html?player_id=714668 

25/10/2014 7:30 am  #2

Re: New signing

Jordan Cheadle has sadly left us.

25/10/2014 8:12 am  #3

Was their a breakdown in the relationship between him and Craig, Andy, I did feel he was sometimes an easy choice when someone had to be left out.
A great shame, we all know he sometimes made silly mistakes, but I would rather see him playing for us than against us.
Good luck JC, i am sure you will quickly find another club.
Buy hey ho! the king is dead, long live the king! and welcome to Lewis, you have an hard act to follow, but we  wish you all the best and hope you enjoy your time with us.

25/10/2014 8:17 am  #4

That is a super signing, one of my mates knows if and rates him highly. He very rarely heaps praise on players unless they are good. Apparantly a decent chunk that Dulwich got promoted was down to him and I believe he was there captain also. Just hope he does the same for us.

25/10/2014 8:30 am  #5

Just been looking on the Dulwich forum, no news on there.
Andy what happened to the new signing, I think he was a defender, last week, is this the guy.
I suppose young Harvey will leave also!

25/10/2014 8:34 am  #6

Glad to say Harvey will not be leaving us.
Yes Al, this is the Guy we have been trying to sign. It just took a while to go through.

See you all later 

25/10/2014 8:43 am  #7

Not as far as I know Gary

25/10/2014 9:33 am  #8

Jordan was a key signing in Tanner's first squad.  I think he impressed people at first at left back.  Bearing in mind Tanner was starting from scratch, Cheadle was a good experienced choice.  He moved to centre back, which I assume that he preferred, and he gave us a few head-in-the hands moments!  However, he gave us some of the best high points of Tanner's tenure with his set pieces, shooting and dribbling.

He will probably be best remembered for his hat trick against Eastbourne, but I would suggest one of his best performance was only a few weeks ago away at Bishops Stortford.

Overall he's been a good performer for us, and a shame to see him gone.

25/10/2014 9:52 am  #9

Well, it is always tough for a manager.  And for a rookie manager like Craig, quite a few of his early signings were personal friends as well as decent players.  But every team needs continual improvement.  And if players like Gonsalves and Graves have come available at the right price, and Craig feels that they are better than Cheadle, then its the tough decision that he has to make.  And even if Cheadle would like to stay and fight for his place, there are budgetary issues which probably mean that the squad only has a limited number of places.

25/10/2014 10:10 am  #10

A black day inm deed for both JC and Craig, but a manager has to manage and sometimes decisions have to be made that are very difficult, as much as I am so sorry to see JC go, I applaud Graig for putting the team before personal  friendships.
Again good luck JC for the short time you were with us, you have left a lasting mark on both the club and us fans.

25/10/2014 4:59 pm  #11

Not only must be Gary, he certainly looked it today, agreed it was against a very poor Sittingbourne who did not ask many questioins of him, but he dealt with all the situations in a very efficient manner and I think it says a lot when they even took off their centre forward who was easily shackled by Louis and did not get even a whiff at our goal, poor old Smudger must have been freezing.
Well done Louis.

25/10/2014 6:59 pm  #12

Although his initial squad included many of his mates he knew he could rely on I never doubted he knew hard decisions would have to be made. And the he and Adam were not afraid to make them.

Pretty sure his target for the season, personal and set by Steve, are the play offs - minimum.
So if action needs to be taken now............

Very good win today. And dropped points for those above us.
Back where our footie demands we should be.

Board footera