“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2022 7:21 am  #26

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Absolutely Andy Mc. A disastrous mess with no sign of improvement, change of personnel on many aspects of this great club and a deep feeling of gloom !

01/3/2022 5:47 pm  #27

I believe that Dontai is close to a return after a long term injury whilst Ahkeem Belford turned out for the U23's last night.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/3/2022 3:18 pm  #28

Barely 10 minutes into todays away game and already one nil down. Absolute shame!

05/3/2022 3:28 pm  #29

Wow scores all level, is there hope of picking up points today? Come on TOOTS, give us something to cheer about in these dark days!

05/3/2022 5:10 pm  #30

Depressing after this expected loss, at least Westfield lost as well, but still a grim position to be in.

06/3/2022 4:31 pm  #31

It looks like despair has now set in. I appreciate that changing/sacking/leaving with mutual consent is never pleasant for managers etc but to do nothing is WORSE. I accept that it likely not to have changed fortunes now  due to numerous problems with this great club ,but at least it is an attempt to inject some hope, spirit and positive action to  lift and save this great Club from its demise!

08/3/2022 8:53 am  #32

Will Toots pick up any points this month? Daunting prospect it would appear! Just thinking back to the early 70’s onwards when I dipped in and out of my interest in the club, this current situation has to be the worse ever sadly.

10/3/2022 9:09 am  #33

To think in my lifetime the memories of Tooting and Mitcham locking horns and beating the likes of Swindon Town,Leatherhead, Carshalton, Dulwits,Billericay Town, leading Crystal Palace at Sandy Lane in the F A cup, to name a few. Now what! Hold your heads in shame to the powers at be !
And of course The Nottingham Forest FA cup run !!!

Last edited by STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! (10/3/2022 9:15 am)

10/3/2022 11:59 am  #34

Steptoe, your feelings about the club history has to be admired, but it means “bog all” to the club which exists today. They also have the temerity to use it in the history notes passed onto other clubs to publish in their match day programmes.  At least we enjoyed it, something today’s club is light years away from achieving again, if ever!.

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (10/3/2022 12:00 pm)

10/3/2022 4:25 pm  #35

Hi Mikem, you are absolutely correct! And unfortunately the good old days and decent ways seemingly is a rare find ! Memories , yes, those who should or could make changes nowerdays  rarely happens until it is too late!

12/3/2022 5:06 pm  #36

Toots demise in now an almost “Fait Accompli” as they lost today and Sutton Common Rovers win . Guess there is still some hope with the remaining fixtures but the damage to this club seems to have been done.

16/3/2022 4:16 am  #37

Guernsey and Westfield picked up points last night ! Is there any hope for Toots ?

19/3/2022 3:26 pm  #38

Toots losing already! Has there ever been a situation like this in their long history?

19/3/2022 5:07 pm  #39

Toots now in the relegation zone, Sutton Common Rovers win well away, the only saving Grace was Westfield losing. Onwards and downwards it would seem !

19/3/2022 5:10 pm  #40

Toots have lost and Sutton beat Basingstoke (who beat us last week) 3-0.  That's seven that they have scored in two games.

We are in the deep Rubbish.

19/3/2022 5:23 pm  #41

Lost again today very much expected the management have not got a clue 4 new players today how many is that we have used now these 2 managers should have a good look in the mirror and realise they are both totally useless and resign this of course will not bother our useless owner these 2 jokers are exactly what suits him but he is a total tosser as far as tooting is concerned.

19/3/2022 11:32 pm  #42

Gary just what makes you think adkins cares a jot this is all part of his master plan when the club is relegeted he will then say he wont fund a team that has dropped so far down it just gives him the excuse to get rid of something he sees as an obstacle to what he really wants.The man is a total tosser 

20/3/2022 5:52 am  #43

I too was watching the Chelsea  Fa cup game and ISAIAH JONES mentioned and TOOTING AND MITCHAM , so much so that I played that commentary back several times reliving great memories of this club echoing “ Tooting and Mitcham are giant killers” after beating Swindon, “High flying Tooting and Mitcham” in heading their respective league etc. Such media Candy that made you feel good supporting this club.
But with a heavy heart it now feels hopeless, yes I am sure there are many factors as already aired over the years about this clubs structure, ownership, management etc but the feeling that nothing seemingly has been done to at least attempt some revival surely will be slammed in the history books.
Yes Toots may Rise again but the damage is deep and cutting and may take a very long long time for the wounds to heal !

22/3/2022 3:53 am  #44

A precious point against the league champions is a great mood lifter and hopefully can be built upon for the rest of the fixtures to pull Toots out of the relegation zone . Well done to all involved.

26/3/2022 4:33 pm  #45

At 4.30 pm this Saturday afternoon it isn’t looking good for Toots, Sutton Common winning, Westfield drawing, Toots losing. We need a goal at least !!!! Come on Toots !!!! Crikey just checked scores again  at 16.36, Westfield winning, Sutton Common Rovers winning and we are now two nil down. Don't panic Captain Mainwaring, Don't panic !!!
PHEW Hanwell at least has equalised !

Last edited by STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! (26/3/2022 4:42 pm)

26/3/2022 5:48 pm  #46

🎵One wheel on our wagon, but we're still rolling along.  The Combined Counties are after us, playing matches on cabbage patches, but board is singing a haaappy song!🎼🎶

26/3/2022 5:55 pm  #47

Gary never mind sack all the management steve adkins should sling his hook as well he dont give a toss and at the end of the day this all goes back to him quite frankly i for one hate this tosser for what he has done to this club that i have followed all my life i hope he is proud of himself for what his stupid system has done i wont say what i really feel about this man because i would be sued RIP TOOTING & MITCHAM
ASHLEYS USELESS BLACK & WHITE ARMY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26/3/2022 6:43 pm  #48

Sorry gary i dont care what steve is waitng to complete i cant wait for him to get lost he is responsible for bringing a once great club to its knees so please dont try and defend the money grabbing git

27/3/2022 5:24 am  #49

Is there any glimmer of hope left for this season and of the future ?. Is looks and feels bleak right now. A travesty in this great clubs history and it is hard to find the right words that would be acceptable to publish on this forum. Time is running out!

27/3/2022 9:13 am  #50

I think that we have to win three games and that Westfield inplode.

Board footera