“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/4/2022 9:24 am  #1

How did it come to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millwall
Brighton & Hove Albion
Queens Park Rangers
Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic
Northampton Town (Twice)
Nottingham Forest, (FA Cup 3rd Round) including reply, and eventual FA Cup Winners
Crystal Palace
Swindon Town, Including a reply
Bradford City (FA Cup 4thRound)
Stockport County

We met these clubs in the FA Cup, and now we struggle to  beat teams like Balham, Tooting Bec, Erith and Belvedere etc etc..

Now the team has reached the pits, and we are reliant on beating SCR on Wednesday. Basically a park team, and have never had a ground of their own in the Football pyramid. Hold your head in shame all of you who are involved in this debacle. This includes the Owner, puppet Woolley, Management / coaching team and unscrupulous agents who leech on the club, without any interference. What a disgraceful and humiliating situation  . But they all don’t care, they are all interested in whatever they can make out of the so called “Project” at Imperial Fields, using the cash from the  sale of Sandy Lane. included are the useful idiots who dubiously handed over the the club and scarpered in disarray after what they would be liable for! Some of these individuals can still be seen to day at Imperial Fields..

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (04/4/2022 9:29 am)

04/4/2022 12:58 pm  #2

Re: How did it come to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I share your sentiments MikeM. I never class myself as a hardcore supporter unlike my dear father and his brother RIP, but have always had an interest in this club from a very young age.
Yes football clubs have their ups and downs but this situation does not sit comfortably not just for me but obviously for many other supporters of this once fine club.
Yes Toots may avoid relegation ,just, but what next ?
At least make the fans proud in the remaining fixtures, We are surely entitled to that !!!

04/4/2022 10:48 pm  #3

Yes and it comes down to Sutton Common being a crunch game.  As you describe MikeM the opposition really sum up what our league and position is all about.  Just hearing the name conjures up images of a Sunday morning pub team playing on a common somewhere.  Very bleak, and this game changes everything.  If we win, we go up to 15th with Westfield going to 17th on goal difference v SCR, we lose, we stay in the relegation playoff party zone.

The bleak and stark atmosphere that certain suburban settings had in days gone by never went away, lovely for a bit of nostalgia but not great when you’re looking at the ineptitude of people like T&M and who runs it

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

05/4/2022 2:19 pm  #4

Maybe the club's most important match in its history.

It is not about a promotion or relegation within the Istmian leagues; it is not about a lucrative FA Cup match against a national league team; it is about the club, in first team terms, sinking into oblivion.  We HAVE to beat Sutton Common Rovers.  Anything less will almost certainly see Tooting and Mitcham United wiped off the football Map.

Last edited by evthedog (05/4/2022 3:27 pm)

05/4/2022 3:50 pm  #5

Hi Ev, 
What happens if we don't sink into  oblivion, it's still the same scenario!

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

05/4/2022 4:16 pm  #6

Hi mike whilst i hope very much that we do beat sutton common rovers tomorrow you are absolutely right the set up at the club will remain the same with ashley bosah still manager and director of football and toots still being run as a youth project nothing will change because adkins doesant want change after all we are only in the position we are in because of this useless and myopic owner so sorry everyone dont expect any change until this man decides he has had enough and moves on ( DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH )

05/4/2022 4:40 pm  #7

It is the total humiliation and indignity of dropping down into the great nothing.  Yes, this division is shite, but the Combined Counties, or whatever other division that might host us, is the pits.

IF we do go down it will be interesting to see who at the club is still willing to drink Adkins' coolaid.  Will it be too hard to swallow resulting in much reduced gates, or will the sale if coolaid increase?

05/4/2022 4:51 pm  #8

Whyteleafe have suddenly appeared back in the ISC table showing as bottom club with no points.
Also, it appears that Staines are back in the mix and able to play out their games.
All this means that by default Tooting have moved up to the heady heights of fourth from bottom and currently safe from the threat of relegation.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

05/4/2022 5:23 pm  #9

How did it come to this………. A team who never played a league game pulled before the season started, and are now included in the league stats. The whole thing stinks, The Isthmian League are trying to dig themselves out of a hole!!!! Has Adkins been on the phone again pleading poverty???????

A fudge of fudges. A whole season without those fighting a relegation battle for what purpose? It makes a mockery of the whole process.

This will not change anything at the Football Club which is built to  fail, they may have been saved this year, but a change at the football club is needed from top to bottom, and wishful thinking a new owner.

05/4/2022 7:14 pm  #10

Dave irons has been saying this all season Isthmian League messed up big time Whyteleafe should have been included in the league table at the very beginning of the season

05/4/2022 10:42 pm  #11

Maybe this was an oversight before, and Dave Irons is right, as Isthmian rules say….

12.7 If any Club ceases to operate between the annual general meeting of the Company and the commencement of the following Playing Season, no adjustments to the number of Clubs participating in the Competition will be made. The remaining Clubs will participate in the Competition for that season.

12.8 A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company

Maybe the league fudged it all along, talk about not following your own rules.  A horrible league run by horrible management

05/4/2022 10:56 pm  #12

BernieTheBolt wrote:

Maybe this was an oversight before, and Dave Irons is right, as Isthmian rules say….

12.7 If any Club ceases to operate between the annual general meeting of the Company and the commencement of the following Playing Season, no adjustments to the number of Clubs participating in the Competition will be made. The remaining Clubs will participate in the Competition for that season.

12.8 A Club which for any reason ceases to operate at any time during the Playing Season may have its playing record expunged, and any monies due to them from the Company shall be forfeited. From the date of the withdrawal no further payment shall become due to them. From the date of the withdrawal, that Club shall cease to be a member of the Company

Maybe the league fudged it all along, talk about not following your own rules.  A horrible league run by horrible management

I sent those quickly as I wanted to head to bed, but - those rules are very ambiguous.  Is participating teams the number of clubs left afterwards?  Excluding the team who folded?  Also any team that folded during season may have points expunged…..may?  So there isn’t a definitive answer there either.  Run by cowboys, for cowboys

Interestingly enough, from the same document:  https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/leagues/10864_1626797233.pdf, a match programme which isn’t up to standard is fineable for up to £300.  I know DP would never incur this for the club but the double sided A4 offerings I’ve seen at Walton Casuals should make these clubs count their blessings….

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (05/4/2022 11:02 pm)

06/4/2022 9:25 am  #13

Fortunately for DeePee, he does not produce the match day programme anymore. He retired gracefully from the position a couple of years ago. He has recently put his efforts his into producing Ian Bullock's history of the Football Club. He also is the only person who contributes to  the forum from the Members Club, after all Directors were banned from using the forum, due to  the chaos caused by Woolley and probably under orders from Adkins. 

06/4/2022 9:43 am  #14

After the lubricious decision to add the Whyteleafe back into league table, The game this evening's game with SCR basically becomes a friendly. So much for the excitement of football (not at Tooting however)! this will remain the same to the end of this season for the dreadful Tooting team. To add to the incompetent Isthmian League board decision, SCR have announced they will be using Whyteleafe’s ground next season, there is an irony if ever there was one!

06/4/2022 10:48 am  #15

Blimey!  One has to laugh.

But seeing as Whyteleafe folded before a ball was kicked, they can't be relegated.  How does this affect things?  As Whyteleafe obviously doesn't figure; how does this affect promotion from the lower divisions?  One less team going down must mean one less coming up.  There will be a team somewhere who have woken up this morning to find that a possible promotion is no more.

What a cock-up, even if it does look like it has probably bailed us out.

Someone out there has the answer.  Help me out please!

Last edited by evthedog (06/4/2022 10:50 am)

06/4/2022 10:58 am  #16

I think that is the point that is up for debate.  Did they fold before the season started - no.  Did they even kick a ball - no.  So did they start the season or didn't they???

I think the fact that the Isthmian League gave them a few weeks grace to sort out a new ground or whatever, means that they WERE part of the league when it began.  But why they haven't been included in the tables up to now I can't say.  A bit of a mess whichever way you look at it.

As for the "other" promotion spot, I think the consensus is that there will now be SEVEN play off games instead of 6.

So for example, East Grinstead were safe from a play off game the day before yesterday, as they were 2nd in the "3rd Bottom" pool of teams.  Now they face a play off.

Coming the other way, Wroxham were in an automatic promotion spot but now they are in a play off position.

Hope that clears everything up.

Board footera