“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09/4/2022 8:48 pm  #1

Loyal Supporter Stefan's view of Bedfont game!

I have received the undermentioned views from Stefan, who has asked me to post.

I watched today’s match against Bedfont Sports and guess what, not a single effort on their goalfor the whole of 90 minutes!

Surely how can our manager and his team remain in their positions at the end of this season ?   It’s an insult to the supporters who follow their team and why should they remain, when if youare performing that badly at work, how can you expect your boss to retain your services whenyou’re not bringing anything to the table. Example, players who want success, have the skills to defend, hold midfield, and can score goals. Players that have skill, can pass, shoot, and score.Take free kicks, corners, and score.  Everything we once had as a team, now preferring to investin the youth, ignoring the 1=11pxst team and what supporters want to see, decent football that we onceplayed under former managers, where the players wanted to play for the club and manager.

I could go on, but we are where we are because we have failed to score goals and win matches.It’s as simply as that, and management failing to see what the supporters have seen throughoutthe whole season. I lack of desire, interest, and the want to prove people wrong. May Dan Williams continue to score goals for his new club, as my player of the season award. If only he had the support from his team whilst at T&M and more importantly management!   

Last edited by Mikem (09/4/2022 8:50 pm)

10/4/2022 7:22 am  #2

Re: Loyal Supporter Stefan's view of Bedfont game!

I could only make the second half due to other commitments but was assured, on arrival, that I "hadn't missed much". For a change I abandoned my usual berth behind the goal and spent most of the second 45 at the top of the main stand to get a more even handed view of the proceedings. On offer was the worst quality game I've seen for quite a while. Both sides were abysmal, all passing movements breaking down very quickly and virtualy no chances created at all. I was surprised how bad Bedfont looked, considering how they destroyed Tooting in the second half of the return fixture a few months ago. The bobbly excuse of a pitch has a lot to do with it, but if its going to cost any money to improve it, it won't get done. The game fizzled out with the feel of an end of season fixture with not much to play for, whether that is actually the case who knows.

Off the pitch was a surprise as well. All season we've had pretty good support, healthy ish home crowds and very vocal with it, despite what rubbish we've had to endure this season. Yesterday looked a small attendance and had a dead atmosphere. Maybe our assumed safety from relegation took the edge out of the game. You could excuse any new or casual Tooting fans staying away after watching this poor team, an opportunity missed, I think. The season cannot end too quickly.

10/4/2022 7:42 am  #3

I have to say yesterday's match was the worst game of football I've watched in the 7 to 8 years I've been watching Tooting.
Hoofing the ball towards the front bypassing midfield. Couldn't string 2 passes together and I can't recall a single shot at goal.
Needless to say my player/match/goal of season form has found its way into my bin.

10/4/2022 10:36 am  #4

Andy Mc wrote:

Maybe our assumed safety from relegation took the edge out of the game

You’re right that assumed is a big word at the minute.  After yesterdays posts I’ve spoken to others who are very confused about the Whyteleafe situation in the table.  Though the Isthmian site shows them in 20th position, other sources don’t and their standings in the table doesn’t reflect FA or league practIce.  Also no official mention has been posted on what’s going on.  I know we’ve had a chat on here about this but I really don’t get how the league can just spring this into it which messes it up for teams trying to work out promotion/relegation.  It makes the whole arrangement fall down.

Confusing, strange, dismal times really…,.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

10/4/2022 1:26 pm  #5

Don't worry everybody.  Everything at the club is going EXACTLY to plan.

10/4/2022 2:10 pm  #6

evthedog wrote:

Don't worry everybody.  Everything at the club is going EXACTLY to plan.

Well yes, with the uncertainty of the league position it’s a bit of a blessing to T&M that SCR lost yesterday.  It wouldn’t surprise me if this league just sprung the relegation playoff on someone out of the blue, this is the sort of clowns we’re dealing with

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (10/4/2022 2:11 pm)

11/4/2022 11:55 am  #7

Has the time of the Hanwell game changed?  According to last Saturday's programme it is at 12.45pm although the league says it is down for a 3pm start.  We are aware that our game against Staines will start at 12.45pm on the Monday but which Hanwell game's time is correct?

11/4/2022 3:40 pm  #8

Edgo - everything I've seen shows a 3pm kick-off at Hanwell Town.

T&MU v Staines on Easter Monday is indeed 12.45pm, don't be late or you might miss the game of the season (or perhaps not !)

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

11/4/2022 8:11 pm  #9

I thought Billy and Jordan had decent enough games Saturday. We've got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING up front. School boy error for the penalty but Bedfont looked woeful for a 3rd place team and 2 25 goals strikers. The kids who came on looked lost. Probably just highlights we'd go from stuffed to absolutely stuffed if Walters ever decides to up sticks. Seen great goals at Chalfont and SCR recently. Need to get the ball to Jordan more and move Billy and Shamal up the pitch. Shouldn't be too difficult, should it...?

12/4/2022 10:49 am  #10

Hi Andy P. unfortunatly as i and others have said over and over again until our owner gives up this ridiculous idea of running our club as a glorified youth project this is going to be the end result.
Sack bosah the other half of the useless chuckle brothers but we all know this is not going to happen we might have managed to escape relegation this time but we might not be so lucky next season

17/4/2022 12:26 am  #11

daniel collins wrote:

Hi Andy P. unfortunatly as i and others have said over and over again until our owner gives up this ridiculous idea of running our club as a glorified youth project this is going to be the end result.
Sack bosah the other half of the useless chuckle brothers but we all know this is not going to happen we might have managed to escape relegation this time but we might not be so lucky next season

Agree entirely, looking at what the league have come up with, and looking at where Staines and Chalfont are this is a golden ticket for Tooting.  In a normal situation they would be big time candidates for a relegation playoff place but as events have unfolded it won’t happen.

There’s a lot of supporters who would look at this in the short term and be glad of a reprieve, but come on, this isn’t very good is it?  The club shouldn’t even be in this position in the first place. 

If this continues into next season it’ll be one of misery, disappointment and frustration.  The only hope (for me) for next season is that promotion/relegation changes things geographically and we go to the SE division - which isn’t a million miles away from the old Ryman South we were all so familiar with not a million years ago.  This SC gig is dismal and gives no real feeling - and it’s not unlike the CCL, horrible, bleak league, probably only bettered by the grimfest that is the Isthmian North.

Board footera