“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/11/2021 11:03 am  #1

Dean Hamlin

I was speaking to Deano last week and he confirmed that this season he is retiring from football.  All being well his last game will be Monday 18th of April at home to Staines unless Tooting get into a final of any cups. I will be attending this game to thank him for his services and to watch his last game.
I think it shows how much Deano loves the club returning and ending his career here.
For our new fans Deano not only kept us in the Premiership,  he was part of the famous Billy Smith's team then playing RB winning promotion and 3 cups including the London Cup twice and the Surrey Senior Cup. He played in 2 play off finals for Tooting as well as helping Dorking getting promoted and staying in the Premiership. He also spent some time at Whyteleafe.

26/11/2021 11:50 am  #2

Re: Dean Hamlin

He's done well to keep going.  I think he semi retired after Whyteleafe.  He dropped down to Sussex League football - Lingfield I think - before Marc White called him up for Dorking.

And he scored in the Surrey Senior Cup final against P.lod

17/4/2022 8:15 pm  #3

Perhaps Deano should be the next team Manager / Coach can't do any worse than the present lot! Hoever it will never happen as he does not fit the Youth Project which has crippled the club, but made some individuals a living!

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (17/4/2022 8:16 pm)

18/4/2022 4:20 pm  #4

Dean voted as the Ramble Inn Man of the Match

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

18/4/2022 6:22 pm  #5

I know I’ve had a good moan on here recently but seeing this about Deano brings back what T&M was all about a few years ago, celebrating the characters and feeling good about the team.  Indeed I was there the evening at Burgess Hill when this was coined:

They tried to take the ball from Deano he said no, no, no!

Cheers Mr. Hamlin for all your service and great to see a decent send off : )

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (18/4/2022 6:22 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

Board footera