“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2022 5:15 pm  #1

Resignation

Dear all,

I regret to inform you that I have resigned as a Director of T&MU FC'S Members Ltd with immediate effect due to differences of opinions and an impending house move.

Unfortunately this means that I will no longer be able to bring you any factual information regarding matters relating to T&MU FC.

Hopefully somebody else will step forward to keep us all informed instead.

Thanks to you all for your kind words in the past, especially when I was privileged to be able to edit the club's matchday program.

Regards to you all - David Penn

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

26/4/2022 5:42 pm  #2

Re: Resignation

Best wishes on your move Dave.  And thank you for the great work that you did with the programme.

26/4/2022 5:47 pm  #3

Good luck Dave and thanks for all your hard work especially with the programme and hope the move goes well.

26/4/2022 6:36 pm  #4

Hi DeePee, (A real Tooting Boy)

Really sorry you leaving as a director of the Members club, the only person from this pathetic section who bravely put his head over the parapet to inform the real fans of important information about the Football Club. Transparency was one of the items listed on their takeover targets, which is laughable. The member’s club is as transparent as a “Brick Wall”, Your efforts are appreciated by everyone, especially after Woolley’s insulting posting on here. You’re well away from this rabble and shambles of a club.

Your time as programme editor was unrivalled, lots of stories by fans and other contributors collated by you, made the programme of real interest., a job more than well done. Also, I know the pressure you were under, trying to avoid any controversial items.  

Your friendly smiling face at matches welcomed anyone who knew you and beyond, and will sadly be missed, but I am sure you will visit occasionally?

At last, you are moving to Ashford, where the local team are in the play-offs for the Isthmian Premier. after the ups and downs of buying and selling a property. I hope you find the relaxation and calm in your new home.
See you on the 3rd, and I will buy a pint, maybe lots!

Cheers for all your efforts in maintaining  some semblance of a normal Football Club

Mike M

Since 2005: The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (26/4/2022 6:41 pm)

27/4/2022 5:27 am  #5

Thank you for that mischievous post title David. I bet most were hoping to see that the manager had stepped down!  But seriously, good luck with the next stage of your life, hopefully we'll see you at the odd Terrors game in the future.

28/4/2022 11:12 am  #6

Good luck David. Good luck with the move. So we won't see you anymore. I will miss the insults.

28/4/2022 1:05 pm  #7

Hi DP

I am a  very, very, very, very and probably another very occasional contributor to this forum, although I read it regularly.  

I am greatly saddened by the demise of this once great football club which I have supported since the mid 1950s and which I follow from afar each Saturday on the Isthmian League web site...when I remember it's Saturday.  

I was a member of the Members club in the Martin Hazelwood days but gave it up as meetings were too regularly cancelled after I had flown in from Ireland where I have lived for nearly 20 years. I know that as a Member you have given your time and effort stoically to get the club back to where it once was, which is what all the Members want, although it might not always be apparent to everyone. 

I want  to thank you for all you have done for TMU over the years and wish you the best of luck in your new  home.  

Take care, mate

30/4/2022 12:19 pm  #8

The last voice of common sense departs the Members Club, but this is your time to lose the stress and enjoy yourself DP, after Ashford is all sorted it’ll be time to relax and have a bit more time for yourself.  Thanks for all the hard work over the many years, and wishing you all the best for the future.  Please do keep in touch!

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

Board footera