“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/10/2014 9:14 am  #1

Champions? Playoffs?

Firstly this isn't a negative post I just want to share my thoughts and hopefully have a good old debate/opinions about it.

I do feel we are capable of actually winning the division and to be quite honest if we won every game 1 or 2-0 with 11 or ten men for or against us I don't care,

We do have a nack of ballsing it up especially in games we get cocky and try to play the Barcelona way.

but in the month of November will show where we are at and will set us up for a tricky December.

The away games in November Herne Bay, Horsham, Mertham and worthing are games we need to pick up points in, in the past we have struggled away at these grounds and teams, we need to to make sure we can control and do a professional job in them

The home games as well are potential banana skins but I feel the quality we have at the moment also, by the way at home we look so strong which we haven't been for a number of years.

If we can keep the nucleus of the squad fit and together then I see no reason to do well.

Also hats of to craig on the signing of Lewis Gonsalves, I remember seeing him play for Sutton and was a rock and solid then and I feel he will tighten up the defence and with his experience will Marshall it. To note lewis I feel is one of Craigs best signings. In my opinion I feel craig will not need to dip in and bring in more players but if they are of the same quality then fair enough.

In closing I have always said I never pay any interest in the league table until January if we are in the playoffs positions on new years day then I think we have a true shot at the title, but will take the playoff route.

CRAIG TANNERS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY

I was lost but now im found

27/10/2014 11:10 am  #2

Re: Champions? Playoffs?

The playoffs are well within our grasp.  But then again, I would think that at least 15 teams could say that!  As for the top spot, its not really in our hands.  Not only would we have to have a hell of a second half of the season, we would also have to rely on Burgess Hill going through a sustained sticky spell.

It goes without saying that we have to keep getting good results and like you say, have a look at the league table in January. 

27/10/2014 11:21 am  #3

Burgess Hill are playing good football and deserve to be up there but as we all know this is a funny division,
Last season Walton Casuals were top at Xmas and look what happened nearly relegated.
don't get me wrong no one is going to run away with it this season and I'm sure every team will lose games. I believe folkestone are going to be up there and ones to watch.
If we can kill games off away from home get some points on the road then that will shape us up.

I was lost but now im found

27/10/2014 9:36 pm  #4

Hello Chez me old fruit (and hello everyone else too) 

Yes - indeed when I saw the table on Saturday and saw that we were a mere three points away from fifth place Merstham I did get the buzz.  I would say that if we are sensible, and the effort is still put in, the playoffs are a real possibility.  Admittedly as mentioned, other teams are in a similar position but recently I've been getting vibes I haven't had about TMU for quite a while.  

I'm getting the same feeling as those very good times when Bouadji, Henry-Hayden, the Vines brothers, Kingo in goal......just gut feeling I suppose, and we all know what happened at the end of that season vs Cray (and I took that photo of Fretters being very happy)........

1956/1957 season to 2016/2017 season - 60 years of T&M in the Isthmian League, and League Champions

Board footera