“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/5/2022 5:39 pm  #1

Dorking Wanderers promoted

Dorking beat Ebbsfleet 3-2 today to get themselves promotion to the national league.Just a few short years ago we finished above them to achieve promotion to the Premier division look where they are and where we are now just shows you what can be done when you have an owner/chairman like Mark White instead of our useless excuse for an owner steve adkins i know that sounds like im jealous yes thats because i am Dorking have gone from being basically a sunday side to where they are now how i would love an owner like that,

21/5/2022 11:33 pm  #2

Re: Dorking Wanderers promoted

And their head coach/assistant manager is Mark Beard

22/5/2022 7:21 am  #3

I totally agree with this thread. Jealous yes as to what could have been for Toots under a different regime !!!! And seemingly no sign of likely improvement for next seasons campaign !

23/5/2022 11:36 am  #4

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

I totally agree with this thread. Jealous yes as to what could have been for Toots under a different regime !!!! And seemingly no sign of likely improvement for next seasons campaign !

I’m with you 100% there, see what we’ve got to look forward to - the SC member club locations next season look even more bleak than the last one!  More trips to the grimness area around Heathrow like Hanworth and Southall, I always thought the North division was bleak but the SC gives it a run for its money.

The plus is for the nostalgia fans, many of these areas have kept the same atmosphere that they did 35 years ago, the only difference being some more modern cars and a fair number of pubs have closed…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (23/5/2022 11:40 am)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

28/5/2022 12:14 pm  #5

29/5/2022 9:06 am  #6

Ev, Just to let you know Dorking had one of the largest playing budgets in Conference South, I understand thousands each week. From Box Hill to Div 5 football league. Terrors Imperial Fields to  almost Combined Counties!! Still can't complain at least we have the opportunity to  watch youth football every week.

Last edited by Mikem (29/5/2022 9:07 am)

29/5/2022 9:46 am  #7

Yes, I know about Dorking's budget.  But I do not think that a club can now think about going from virtually nothing to the Conference National without budget increases after each promotion.  How much is up to each clubs source of finance.

What I do know is that a club will not go from virtually nothing the Conference National relying on a youth squad.

Board footera