“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/7/2022 6:40 pm  #1

A PLEA FROM AN AVID FAN

Stefan, who does not use social media, as emailed me the undermentioned message which he sent to  the Football club, and would like a copy posted on the forum. He also sent me the response sent to  him by the club. But I have not posted this due to the response  being a private message.

As somebody who has recently purchased a season ticket,  what confidence can I gain with four losses and two draws from this season friendly matches that have taken place so far. Is Ashley Bosah fit to take charge ? Does he know what he is doing ? And can we obtain several proven strikers, as it obvious that we have no forward line to speak of.  If we are to become the laughingstock of our league, can we first dispense with the services of our manager and give the job to someone who has the ability to lead a squad of players and who wants success on the field.  It’s pathetic that we have played so badly against lesser opposition.  Based upon the results, I see no hope and that we are candidates for relegation this season and guess what, the club doesn’t seem to care, because if they cared, they would make changes now and before the season starts. 

26/7/2022 9:17 pm  #2

Re: A PLEA FROM AN AVID FAN

Well said, Sir.
Folowed the Hendon game on their Twitter (whilst watching RPV stuff Hilltop 3-0 for a fiver...)
Saw some bloke called 'Danny Williams' scored for Hendon tonight - wonder if he is any good?
Totally agree with what Stefan says - a new manager and a forward line - although appreciating good forwards at our level are in short supply, probably want a few quid and want to play for clubs with ambition. Surely the management are tapping up Kingstonian for surplus players?

27/7/2022 8:37 am  #3

Andy P,
 Our ex-player was man of the match against us last night. Kingstonians are struggling so who would want any of their players, I see you spent your hard earn cash at RPV last night, I can't blame you. On my reckoning on current form RPV are the best non-league club in Merton.

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

Last edited by Mikem (27/7/2022 8:38 am)

27/7/2022 10:36 am  #4

MikeM - RPV is a short walk whereas T&M, by public transport, is two buses. RPV was a sensible fiver whereas T&M was a tenner (stupid for a friendly...). Just incredibly sad to see what has happened and continues to happen at Tooting. Losing Danny was absolutely tragic last season albeit happy to see he is at a higher level now (and no longer at Bedfont!). I'm starting to think their is a logic of saying I support the team (the players) but am waining with the club - does that make sense? 

27/7/2022 1:27 pm  #5

Visiting RPV last night makes sense for many reasons. As waning with the club, join the many who hang on with their finger tips, plus those fans and volunteers who had enough and never got involved again and just flrd..

Last edited by Mikem (27/7/2022 1:28 pm)

Board footera