“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19/8/2022 5:48 pm  #1

FA CUP THRILLER V'S VCD ATHLETIC

Well, another hum dinger of a FA cup match tomorrow against VCD. two similar clubs who would struggle in level 5, as Tooting know from last year’s disastrous results against lower league opposition including the “Micky Mouse” cup games.  Tooting have now managed to get to the preliminary round, what an effort after beating lowly opposition in Extra prelim round. VCD were excused from this round because they had a better last league season than Tooting

Money at stake now for the winners, if Tooting win, will the cash go into the football budget (Members should ask Mr Woolley they are entitled to know under the quoted transparency?).   Also, there is the prospect of moving forward into the 1st Qualifying round of this once illustrious competition,

So everything to play for tomorrow, a total of 159 fans have watched VCD this season, will the attendance at Tooting beat the sum total??

Game Verdict…………………Who knows??????????????????????????????

Since 2005: Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!!”  (You can’t make this up lol)

19/8/2022 5:59 pm  #2

Re: FA CUP THRILLER V'S VCD ATHLETIC

Mike, I've just got back from the pub and wet myself with excitement 😦

19/8/2022 6:04 pm  #3

Ev, I know, I had the same feeling when we played Balham last year.

19/8/2022 9:31 pm  #4

Mike please dont get too exicited but keep your eye on stevie boy adkins if you spot him c ause he really needs the money from this tie 

20/8/2022 4:04 pm  #5

LOST - AT HOME to VCD !!!!   1-2  

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

20/8/2022 4:11 pm  #6

About par for the course Dave suppose adkins will be putting up the bar prices again !!!!!!!!

20/8/2022 4:30 pm  #7

That is a shame Dave.  Right at the end as well.  A cup run would have been nice and brought in a bit of dough.

20/8/2022 5:50 pm  #8

Oh well, the dreams of the twin towers and a warm pint of Fosters for 12 quid in a plastic 'glass' shattered again. Thought overall we didn't do too bad and it was a pretty even game. Liked the idea of Shamal and Jordan and Dahdouh teaming up with Enoch. Great free kick for our goal but we didn't create much in open play. Thought Enoch was tenacious and ran his proverbial socks off first half but his stature is a problem. Thought we really missed Nikolai and Daly today. However (apart from a goal scorer as normal), the thing I think we really still need is a bit of steel in the midfield - a clogger with a brain. Someone who can mix it a bit if needed but also put their foot on the ball when needed. Thought the Cory flare up at the end was an absolute joke. Yes, it was a foul. Yes, it was a free kick - but certainly no more. Enoch has been fouled probably 5 or 6 times and no cards were produced. Well, time to concentrate on the league...

22/8/2022 1:51 pm  #9

I see Tooting  missed a great draw in the FA Cup, as VCD have been drawn away to  Carshalton!

22/8/2022 2:52 pm  #10

Whilst a serious spanking from Carshalton would probably have been on the cards, it would have been good to play someone from the league above (and local) and a pretty decent share of gate receipts as I'm sure it would have been well attended and would have been a good atmosphere. No malice of course, but after that comedy kicking off over Cory, I hope Carshalton absolutely thrash them 

Board footera