“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25/8/2022 12:34 am  #26

Re: Time for a change of Manager

A lot of what I would say is already in this thread.  I’ve nothing against Ashley and Cornelius but feel they’ve been set up.  Another example of Tooting directorship doing things on the cheap with no regards for the people involved.  Look how bad Cornelius’s CV will look now being kicked out of a club.  He would have taken the job on in good faith with experience of youth coaching and maybe the idea of building his experience to a senior level in a supportive and less pressured setting.  That didn’t work for him did it?

Ashley is in the same situation, when it all goes very badly wrong, what next for him?  These two guys have been badly stitched up as the supporters have, and it’s wrong this should happen.  We are all at the mercy of the ownership and the Members Club, I know many here don’t stick up for Ashley but ultimately he’s being screwed like we (fans) are.  If they get rid of him and make him look stupid they will get some other unsuspecting person who thinks they’re advancing their career - then drop them - then repeat etc.

We really need a solid management team with experience, and the club needs to put their hand in their pocket.  It really needs to happen.  In all sorts of business you need a reputable brand with headline names to take you seriously, then you get interest and people in.  At the minute T&M isn’t doing that while wasting an opportunity to give Ashley the time and experience he needs to really nurture a decent senior team (while managing junior teams and being supported by the club to learn more with senior running parallel) when the time is ready.

Look at the contrast at Ashley & Cornelius and the glory days of Billy & George.  Experience and an objective approach shows.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (25/8/2022 12:37 am)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

25/8/2022 6:17 am  #27

Well put Bernie your better at putting words together than me.

25/8/2022 7:42 am  #28

Ashley and Cornelius haven,t been set up. They were just the cheap option for Adkins. All managers get the sack eventually and it doesn,t necessarily look bad on their cv.

What does look bad on Cornilius cv  was appearing in the Sky Documentary. He was the dominant character while Ashley, wisely in my opinion, hid in the background and said little. So when things like, insisting, for the sake of the Sky program, that certain players were good enough for the first team, when they clearly weren,t, putting players on that hadn,t warmed up, then get injured, using a ridiculous amount of players during the season, then narrowly avoiding relegation, he got the blame.

I think they both should have gone, as they were equally to blame for last season. Ultimately it is Adkins who sets the agenda and unless he changes course on this insistence on youth policy, he might have done already, we,ll have to wait and see on that, there will be no upturn in the teams fortunes.

As for Ashley this season, I think he should be given a little longer and see how it goes. I don,t think he,s what we require though. He doesn,t have the standing in the non league game that other managers have to attract experienced players,or the contacts or nous of this level of football. Not necessarily all to do with budget either, obviously a big budget makes it easier, but if Corinthian Casuals can hold their own and compete in the Premier Division, with little or no budget, as they have done for several years now, then surely we can too. The trick there is an experienced manager who can identify and attract the right sort of players to compete at that level, something we have no chance of doing at the moment.

25/8/2022 7:55 am  #29

That’s a great post Andy, see what you mean about the difference between being set up or being used and abused as a convenient option.  The sad thing is nobody gets anything positive out of the situation as it is now.  You are right that we should wait and see what happens as the new season beds in.

Cheers Daniel, appreciate the kind feedback : )

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

25/8/2022 9:44 am  #30

Cornelius has been taken on by SCR as first team coach

25/8/2022 1:53 pm  #31

'Part of the coaching team' according to SCR. Good luck to him, (apart from when they play us, of course).

25/8/2022 4:49 pm  #32

Ashley Bosah is listed as a company director of Tooting Sports and Leisure Ltd on companies House can't see him being sacked asked to leave anytime soon

25/8/2022 5:29 pm  #33

Didnt know that Wolfie but that fact explains a lot and your dead right the only way he will be gone is if he leaves of his own accord

Board footera