“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/8/2022 1:46 pm  #1

Guernsey 0 Tooting 2

Fantastic result. Well played Tooting. Hopefully this will be the start of a run of decent results.

Would appreciate a match report from anyone who attended.

29/8/2022 4:00 pm  #2

Re: Guernsey 0 Tooting 2

Yes Darren good result remember though Guernsey are bottom with no points

29/8/2022 4:28 pm  #3

Sorry Darren got that wrong Guernsey joint bottom on 1 point but any win is good

29/8/2022 5:59 pm  #4

DarrenP wrote:

Fantastic result. Well played Tooting. Hopefully this will be the start of a run of decent results.

Would appreciate a match report from anyone who attended.

I got told earlier it wasn’t a huge turnout, due to this fixture being so close to the start of the season (with it being trickier for people organising travel, accommodation etc) and on a BH weekend where demand for the Channel Islands has an effect on the market.  When I saw this fixture I thought it would be a nice touch, better than the middle of winter or a midweek job - but really this would be best as an end of season event.  Glad the team got some points today, though it’s early days a little boost is warmly received. 

I am glad for the team and hopefully there’s more wins - I know some posters here sound very negative (including myself) and some posts almost sound like people want the team to get relegated (again, some of my posts probably sound like that).  Last season was a real skin-of-teeth job and posts like mine were just reflecting the very real possibility of what could happen.  Mr. Steptoe’s relegation thread has run into quite a few pages as discussion and analysis at the lower end of the table was a real issue and T&M were only saved by the inclusion of Whyteleafe on the table and problems at Staines Town.  We really dodged a bullet.  I know this doesn’t really meet with a ‘glass half full’ mantra but last season presented a situation which could have been far worse.

I’m really hoping this season gives something better to write about but it’s early days, and the tension and emotion from last season really is very much hanging on.  I’m not sure of a change of direction for the current season but it’s something I’m sure many will be keeping a watch over.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

29/8/2022 11:04 pm  #5

https://guernseyfc.com/gfctv
Match highlights

30/8/2022 6:26 am  #6

Thanks Poddington for the highlights.

30/8/2022 7:00 am  #7

That’s better Toots, build upon this and make us proud again !

30/8/2022 8:17 am  #8

Great to get a win.

Well done Tooting - let's have some more

30/8/2022 8:36 am  #9

Thanks for posting the link Poddington. Seemed to be a fairly even contest, and an encouraging performance by Tooting.

31/8/2022 11:16 am  #10

Poddington wrote:

https://guernseyfc.com/gfctv
Match highlights

That’s an excellent link and whoever produced the video has done a grand job, really raised the bar!  Amazing to think you can get clear high quality footage of more-or-less any team, for free, unimaginable in the days of Saint & Greavesie (and a lot later too), excellent job there from the island,

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

01/9/2022 6:25 pm  #11

Board footera