“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/10/2022 4:14 pm  #126

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

Sounds like Toots had a drubbing this afternoon? The RELEGATION ZONE is no longer “creeping nearer” but is now a fact! Will look forward to hearing about todays match with Sutton Common Rovers whom Toots did beat away towards the end of last season which I was able to witness. And still no changes in this clubs structure !!!!

22/10/2022 4:22 pm  #127

And there wont be any !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22/10/2022 4:27 pm  #128

But Daniel.  We're only 11 points off the promotion play off places with games in hand over a number of the teams up there.

Keep the faith! (Now, where are my meds?)

29/10/2022 4:03 pm  #129

TOOTS are out of the relegation zone with todays 6 pointer result, phew! Looking forward to hearing the match report!

05/11/2022 5:11 pm  #130

Oh no, back in the relegation zone after Toots was leading! 

05/11/2022 6:31 pm  #131

Steptoe mate i really do salute your optimism as far as Toots is concerned i know you are a steadfast tooting supporter and always look for some positivety as far as tooting are concerned and at one point today i like you thought yes we might get a good point against one of the better teams in our awful division.
I have seen 5 or 6 videos of walton so far this season and they look a well balanced, well organised team
so todays result dont look too bad unfortunaly we are just not good enough even when we go a goal up 
it was always enevitable that we would end up losing.we just are not good enough.

05/11/2022 7:02 pm  #132

Hi Daniel, couldn’t agree with you more and I am certainly not blinkered by the demise of this great club. My Dad first took me to Sandy Lane in the 1960’s. I cannot claim to be as ardent supporter as him or his brother and associates who enjoyed the ups and downs of this club but have always followed Toots when ever I can.
The past few seasons as we know have been dire!  Yes economical, covid, and other factors play some influence but many other clubs that Toots used to be in battle with on the field have maintained or improved their standings, but not this club!
We know or think we know the reasons why but seemingly no changes are being made to try and bring the good  feel good factor back to this club.
Some will say you cannot keep reminiscing about the old days, true to some extent. However just what will the history books be saying about the current and last few years of this once fine club?
I think we know exactly what will be written.

05/11/2022 7:45 pm  #133

Steptoe you just keep being what you are a steadfast supporter like your dad and his brother.
My dad was the same a lifelong tooting supporter just like me all we can hope for is that someday things will change so lets try and keep the faith.

23/11/2022 12:33 pm  #134

Toots are cementing themselves to the bottom of the league!  Enough said! 

23/11/2022 10:48 pm  #135

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Toots are cementing themselves to the bottom of the league!  Enough said! 

I know this has been mentioned in the new low thread but yes, we are here again.  Might as well change the sign now, T&MUFC - proud members of the Combined Counties Football League (or as I say the Carrot Crunchers F’All League)……

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

27/11/2022 6:33 am  #136

Was yesterdays result a valuable point for Toots ? When you look at the league table it is grim viewing but I guess there is time to salvage something, or is there ?

03/12/2022 11:51 am  #137

Last seasons away game against Leatherhead was a vital win for survival for Toots which I was able to attend. Todays game away to them is even more a must win !!! I shall predict a win for Toots !!!!!

03/12/2022 4:15 pm  #138

Mmmmmm, change that prediction. One Tooting player sent off before half-time, it'll be a looooòooooong second half.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

03/12/2022 6:29 pm  #139

The bottom of the table is bloody tight with todays results, perilously tight!

At least T&M had a better day than Guernsey

20/12/2022 2:40 pm  #140

A SIX pointer game tonight for Toots !!! Let’s have something to cheer about !

20/12/2022 11:28 pm  #141

Happy Christmas at Tooting,  I think not!!

Tonight's result is an afront to all the hard working volunteers that keep that club running.

Without them the management and ownership would have nothing.

Change is needed NOW !!

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

21/12/2022 1:39 am  #142

No “ seasonal cheer in last nights dismal result then “?

02/1/2023 5:34 pm  #143

Toots cementing themselves at the bottom tier of this great league, only saving Grace was Sutton Common Rovers losing and Guernseys game postponed. No fairytale start to the new year then. Depressing or what!

04/1/2023 3:12 am  #144

Toots cementing themselves at the bottom tier of this great league, only saving Grace was Sutton Common Rovers losing and Guernseys game postponed. No fairytale start to the new year then. Depressing or what!

We’re not here for the fans these days, we’re here for a bunch of kids, who will no doubt be touted as being from disadvantaged backgrounds building their identity and confidence, with the image of someone who has made good in a tracksuit.

While I applaud initiatives to help people and let them grow, a first team setting within a football club isn’t the way to do this, especially within a club with as rich a following and history as T&M.  There’s supposed to be a curve of respect and a sense of achievement when making the grade.  Imagine the first team today being guided by the Vines brothers, Big Vern, Colin Hartburn, Dave King etc.  Would be totally different. 

I’ve seen it on the Hackbridge Harry blog that us forum posters have been labelled as the tin hat brigade, not being funny this forum is the most realistic it gets with T&M, the ones who oppose us on here and turning up to games every week are the ones who are really losing out.  Adkins and Wooly, and a few others are really taking them for mugs.  This club is gone and we should have got behind Stan and the Wanderers.  At least we would have had something.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (05/1/2023 11:27 am)

04/1/2023 5:37 pm  #145

Bernie,

I've answered the Tin Hat Brigade thing on another thread.....

Cheers.

05/1/2023 2:16 am  #146

Hackbridge Harry wrote:

Bernie,

I've answered the Tin Hat Brigade thing on another thread.....

Cheers.

Cheers Harry and cheers Danny from the other thread, the 10 min posting thing means I can’t reply to you both really quickly.

This might not be the most appropriate place for this, but - how does this YT channel have only 13 subscribers?  There’s pure gold, games at Sandy Lane and my particular favourite, at 04:57 of this, hearing Roy Sisley in the stands:

https://youtu.be/BD0v576NWIU

A great channel and illustrates where the feeling is, admittedly I came on the scene after Sandy Lane but this is a great record, great days, great times and great audio considering it was filmed so long ago, someone must have had a decent camcorder!

07/1/2023 4:58 pm  #147

Toots now second from bottom, Merstham winning and on the rise, perhaps the TIN HAT BRIGADE should take over!!! Phew Southall levelled up to Merstham, the Tin Hat Brigade can remain on standby for the time being, Toots third from bottom!!!

Last edited by STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! (07/1/2023 5:10 pm)

07/1/2023 5:06 pm  #148

Toots now second from bottom, Merstham winning and on the rise, perhaps the TIN HAT BRIGADE should take over!!!

Nearly, Southall equalised (in front of the bumper crowd of 47), what a nail biter though.

Not being funny but Merstham are getting a fair few in…..depending on what happens at Ashford on Tuesday (and Merstham v SCR Monday), next Saturday could be a right showdown

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (07/1/2023 5:12 pm)

07/1/2023 5:12 pm  #149

Wow BernieTheBolt, a let off or what !! If only Toots could have pulled two back !!!

10/1/2023 5:54 am  #150

Merstham have dumped us into the bottom two, but we have a chance to burst out and start our playoff challenge tonight.

Exciting stuff!

Board footera