“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21/12/2022 8:28 pm  #1

Special delivery from Guernsey

If Guernsey are able to travel on Boxing Day (Severe weather warnings) they will be delivering a late Xmas Present for the team once known as the Terrors!

Guernsey second from bottom of the league but on the same points as Tooting, but they have let in a hatful of goals away from home, with some real spankings.  So, a guaranteed 3 points must be on offer, even for this pathetic Tooting team.

As for the current manager being part of the future plans, this must be to lead the team into the Combined Counties League where the whole so called organising deserves to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Roll on the special project which does not include the Football team and never has.

Since 2005, The Team that was built to fail!!!!

22/12/2022 7:16 am  #2

Re: Special delivery from Guernsey

And if Guernsey do turn up on St Stephen's Day will there be a bumper crowd?

22/12/2022 5:42 pm  #3

Are you implying that 92 might turn up?

26/12/2022 12:14 pm  #4

A must win match today.  Anything else and the manager HAS to go.

26/12/2022 12:44 pm  #5

I agree with that evthedog.

26/12/2022 5:15 pm  #6

Phew !!!! Onwards and upwards !!!

26/12/2022 5:51 pm  #7

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Phew !!!! Onwards and upwards !!!

I suspect the Hub bar will take a few quid this evening, and there may even be sightings of black-and-white scarf wearing people in the morning fast asleep in various alleyways and bushes.  The first home win in a good while…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (26/12/2022 5:52 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

27/12/2022 8:32 am  #8

Loyal Supporter  Stefan has requested I post his views of yesterday's match on the forum.

Strange one this. I was at the match where we won 1-0 against Guernsey, but our play once again was terrible!

We played against a team that had a number of 16 / 17-year-olds which we should have beaten them by more than one goal! 

27/12/2022 9:15 am  #9

The crowd is recorded as 172, pretty poor for a Boxing Day fixture. The game was pretty poor as well, unsurprising as both teams are struggling for any sort of form. Guernsey came for a draw, and only came to life when they had gone behind with about 10 minutes to go. A deserved 3 points for Tooting but there will be much more difficult challenges ahead.

27/12/2022 2:02 pm  #10

3 points is 3 points and 172 is better than 91.

Last edited by evthedog (27/12/2022 2:02 pm)

27/12/2022 3:14 pm  #11

Another fan has sent me his views on yesterday's gameI went to the dreadful game. I feel I witnessed at least one if not two teams going down this season.  It was nice to catch up with a ex K's and Dulwich player Toni and his son. I left feeling really upset . More than I thought I would with the players on show which are just not good enough.  This would be no surprise to anyone who goes regularly.  I left feeling really sad on how the owner and management have let the club just run down in such a way.
 After the game the owners have turned the lights off in the car park which for me is very dangerous.  Cars reversing out of spaces not being able to see pedestrians. The money they are saving on electricity will be small compared to the money they will be sued if there is an accident.  Disgusting behaviour! Just shows how little they now care now they have their planning permission.  

27/12/2022 3:49 pm  #12

unfortunately this result was just a sticking plaster beating a team with 16 and 17 year olds by the odd goal shows you everything you need to know.
A team that is not good enough, a manager who is just about good enough to coach kids,and an owner who is a joke.
This team is in my opinion nailed on for relegation we were very lucky last season you can forget about that luck this season.
It is all so sad ive watched and followed this club since i was 5 years old and the bunch of idiots who now run it have not got a clue what this club once meant in non league football.

RIP TOOTING AND MITCHAM UTD.

p.s enjoy your millions steve adkins.

28/12/2022 11:13 am  #13

For those interested in the Guernsey point of view on the Tooting game and their future, please use the link below

Guernsey FC | Tooting & Mitcham United 1-0 Guernsey: Boxing Day six-pointer goes Terrors' way

28/12/2022 12:34 pm  #14

Whilst I hope that we bloody well stay up, I reckon that the automatic relegation slots will be contested by us, Guernsey, and SCR. Looking at the current form, Merstham are beginning to inch their way towards the rest of the trash at the foot of this trash league.

Of course, between now and the end if the season, any team who can strung three or four wins together in the trot will probably survive.

29/12/2022 7:29 am  #15

Sc rovers lost to Marlow 3-1 last night good result for tooting now 2 points behind them with 2 games in hand
question is can they make the games in hand count ?

29/12/2022 11:22 am  #16

Mikem wrote:

For those interested in the Guernsey point of view on the Tooting game and their future, please use the link below

Guernsey FC | Tooting & Mitcham United 1-0 Guernsey: Boxing Day six-pointer goes Terrors' way

A pretty accurate assessment of the game. I declined the invitation to watch the 'highlights'

29/12/2022 1:27 pm  #17

Andy i wondered why you declined the invitation to watch the highlights you trying to suggest they wernt worth watching hahaha

Board footera