“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/1/2023 5:46 pm  #1

Toots v Northwood

A big thank you to Southall for them bailing us out in the 90th minute against Merstham.

It's bloody sad when you have to rely on other teams because ours is crap.

07/1/2023 6:00 pm  #2

Re: Toots v Northwood

Yes ev your right but only a matter of tim before they overtake us they are at least scoring goals and southall i believe are quite high in the table apparently we had a new goalkeeper and a new 6ft 4in forward today but didnt do us much good.

07/1/2023 6:11 pm  #3

I'm going to the Merstham match next Saturday with another ex Imperial Fields attendee.  We might even feature in the starting lineup!

07/1/2023 9:39 pm  #4

The new keeper is better than the old keeper, and the new striker (central defender/defensive midfielder) did win a number of headers up front with none falling for our players.

Forget Ashford, Merstham is a must win.

07/1/2023 9:48 pm  #5

Thought we played a lot better today than we have for a long time. Northwood didn't look much cop for being top. Thought we showed a much better spirit and deserved something from the game. Two new guys did pretty well. Would like to see the big guy up front alongside Mbango. Still curious as to why we have some very decent players on the bench by Chang and Cory playing. Any news on James Shaw? Rested or injured?

09/1/2023 3:21 pm  #6

Think adkins must be really feeling the pinch i hear he has got rid of sky tv in the bar.
Not surprising as hardly anyone goes in the bar these days due to him jacking the prices up,
Just a greedy man really.

09/1/2023 7:05 pm  #7

I have also heard that adkins has had his building application rejected, anybody heard about this it would make sense as to why building hasnt started yet and if its true i wonder if our illustrious owner be around very much longer. [ HOPE NOT ]

09/1/2023 7:24 pm  #8

Is that his application to build a football team?  That was rejected years ago.

09/1/2023 9:07 pm  #9

daniel collins wrote:

I have also heard that adkins has had his building application rejected, anybody heard about this it would make sense as to why building hasnt started yet and if its true i wonder if our illustrious owner be around very much longer. [ HOPE NOT ]

It’s an interesting one.  An application went in during 2019 for a building with 77 flats in it, and this was granted in 2021, subject to some conditions.  There’s a lot of documents in the ‘View Related Documents’ section and much to look at:

https://tinyurl.com/3zvaz8wr

However the plan changed more recently and the building was changed to 65 flats, but the application was declared as invalid.  I don’t know how these things work and whether the 2021 application can be changed in some way but this is the most recent one:

https://tinyurl.com/pth9rz8k

What did get approved was for an area of IF to train apprentice railway engineers building and dismantling again lengths of railway line:

https://tinyurl.com/mu9sbvd6

Oh and Merstham are two in front…..
Edit - three.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (09/1/2023 9:36 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

10/1/2023 10:20 am  #10

Hi Bernie, perhaps that explains turning the car park lights TURNED off straight after the game causing chaos. Perhaps this should be referred to  Merton Council by Tony Cox our Health and safety expert, and of course  the all time joke of the football club chairman!!!!!! This only just beats the barmaid who was made chairperson. 

Or removing  sky from the so called club bar. 

Since 2005:  Quote “The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters!! (You can’t make this up lol)

THE TEAM THAT WAS BUILT TO  FAIL, AND HOW SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footera