“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/1/2023 6:30 am  #151

Re: Relegation zone creeping nearer!

For a short while Toots was in this horrendous bottom two position on Saturday only it seems for a short reprieve! Now it is there for all to see , except perhaps for those that can at least try AND instigate change ! However get a positive result tonight and ……….. exciting times !!!!

10/1/2023 6:39 am  #152

Very strange names of the Merstham goalscorers Adam Allen and Adam Adam !!

10/1/2023 10:08 am  #153

Not as strange as Steve Adkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/1/2023 10:44 am  #154

what do you make of the part of his master plan that includes a building for training engineering apprentices to learn how to assemble and dismantle railway lines ?
So is the long term plan dead or what or will adkins now cut his losses and bugger off 
One can only hope hahaha

10/1/2023 11:37 am  #155

The trouble with you people is that you have no vision.

What you need is the VISION of the Hub because that has been THE MASTER PLAN from 2nd June 2005 according to Chris CONFIDENTIAL Wooley

What the members of “the club” were told in 2005 was:-

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

10/1/2023 12:02 pm  #156

Heard it all before stan and its all BS

10/1/2023 7:04 pm  #157

evthedog wrote:

Merstham have dumped us into the bottom two, but we have a chance to burst out and start our playoff challenge tonight.

Exciting stuff!

Nearly, just seen it’s postponed : 0  Another one in the back pocket for another day I suppose

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

14/1/2023 3:07 pm  #158

Guernsey pick up three points this afternoon !!! Is Toots doomed to be rock bottom of this league soon?

14/1/2023 7:21 pm  #159

The race for the bottom place is well and truly on!  Can Tooting make it their own?  The suspense is killing me!

15/1/2023 2:50 am  #160

STEPTOERIDESAGAIN!!! wrote:

Guernsey pick up three points this afternoon !!! Is Toots doomed to be rock bottom of this league soon?

It’s all a bit odd really.  On the face of it you’d think SCR are in the dirt as they’ve played four more games than us but are only two points in front.  However when you work out the points per game we’re on 0.736 while they’re on 0.695, it’s not a million miles away really.  My feeling is that Merstham and Guernsey will provide a bit of a rally while we scrap it out with SCR - who took Cornelius on as their coach.

To me, to you, to me, to you, two clubs doing badly, an old partnership, hmmmm

26/1/2023 3:46 am  #161

Well Toots have officially entered into perhaps one of their darkest days in the modern football era, ROCK BOTTOM of the league.Guernsey managed a win against a top half team, Toots failed to! Perhaps the Ownership/management have achieved their objective ? A really sad state of affairs for this club, the fans and the future. Enough said.

26/1/2023 5:57 am  #162

Well we've finally attained our dream.  May I be the first supporter to congratulate Mr.Adkins and his team.  A bonus payment is due for Ashley for realising this great moment in our clubs' history surely?

26/1/2023 6:30 am  #163

Big pat on the back to the non owner the useless management team Tony Cox and all the other Adkins supporters for achieving our lowest ever league position.
WELL DONE ALL.  And especially wooly bully Mr confidential.

27/1/2023 11:50 am  #164

I’ve done a bit of reading and it seems the CCL is run by volunteers who don’t organise things on time (such as fixtures) and these posts suggest it’s not a great league:

https://www.fansfocus.com/topic/206102-fixtures-and-omg-this-place-is-dead/

The admission prices range from £6 to £8, and looking at it thinking “some great days out there, like Sheerwater or Cobham” I reminded myself that the locations aren’t dissimilar to the league we’re in now.  It’s pretty bloody bleak both ways. 

Over half the league has average attendances of below 100 and one has an average of 27 (Balham, with Banstead Athletic just better with 30).

Not saying we’ll definitely end up there but it was interesting to have a look, some of the grounds are minimal to say the least. 

I’d agree all eyes will be on tomorrow which has the scope for the bottom of the table to all swap around but these are pretty desperate times……

28/1/2023 4:55 pm  #165

Another defeat, the only saving grace is the rest of the bottom clubs lost, but they are NOT ROCK BOTTOM !! No attempt to change matters, hopeless !!!

01/2/2023 3:53 am  #166

Excellent result for Bedfont Sports last night, how I wish I could be posting the same script for Toots !!!

05/2/2023 2:16 am  #167

This PERILOUS situation Toots has got itself into over a number of seasons gets worse every week with other lower league clubs picking up points and the well documented inaction to at least try and make bold changes in the clubs fortunes on the pitch! I wonder what the historians will write about this period of this once Great Non league club in any published book? Any ideas what it would be titled?

05/2/2023 2:52 am  #168

It’s been a strange day for me Mr. Steptoe.  Getting goals in against the top position represents a real effort and getting a ticket price of £2 a goal at home isn’t bad value (if you see things that way).  It told me that there was something on the ground level that wanted to win and do the best by the fans and make things nice for the club.  The sad thing is those in more upper levels don’t care, and it seems a desperate situation for anyone who’s kept the interest up.

I know on here I’m a right doom and gloom merchant who sometimes seems to revel in T&M doing badly, I put the brashness down to wanting to block out the gravity of what’s going on.  This evening, after seeing the effort against Basingstoke I just felt sad and empty about the club.  It’s really depressing.

I’ve had a look at my calendar and can actually make a game - but it’s so horrible to get to and is generally really awkward (Hanworth Villa away 7th March).  I’ll see what I can do with that but probably a non-starter.  I wish I had the drive and determination I had before, I would make sure I went to the game no matter the journey, but I’ve just had that all taken out of me : (

08/2/2023 4:44 am  #169

When I started this thread almost exactly one year ago and Toots just managed to avoid the humiliation of relegation last season, I tried to muster up some “hope” that matters would improve, just a little this season! No chance, the situation is even worse for all the reasons aired on this forum and other outlets over quite some time.
Even the “tin hat brigade”, the loyal vocal supporters in the stands, what’s left of them, the”pleasantly vocal passionate   hero’s behind the goal” there through thick and thin throughout the many years of loyalty seem unable to drive Toots back from the oblivion this time round!
Its not completely over yet , or is it?

08/2/2023 6:28 am  #170

I remember when Keith Boanas joined us in the late 90s. Jimmy Bolton had lost the dressing room, we were in freefall and losing heavily. Keith came in as manager and had an instant impact. We started winning and climbing the table using basically the same players. I was disappointed we didn't get promoted that year. So it can be done.

08/2/2023 7:09 am  #171

I shall keep hoping and the faith Andy Mc !

11/2/2023 7:21 am  #172

TOOTS, no more excuses, this Great Club and it’s history, fans, the people, NEED YOU to get THREE POINTS TODAY!!!

11/2/2023 9:40 am  #173

Please no repeat of last seasons game at Bedfont. I'm still undergoing therapy following that disaster.

11/2/2023 11:44 am  #174

Good reminder Andy Mc ! I feel optimistic today !!! Fresh ideas from the bench, new players, otherwise “ jumpers for goalposts next season!

11/2/2023 5:21 pm  #175

Well a nil nil draw is better than losing. Perhaps a start on a road to recovery in this mess that Toots finds itself in!

Board footera