“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/12/2022 12:26 pm  #1

Januarys Games

A very busy January sees the Terrors with 6 games to play, I've looked at the fixtures.

Away at Chipstead. Mid table Chips have an average home record but score plenty of goals, Toots away record is very poor.

Home to Northwood. The visitors are top for a reason but can be beaten by the better teams in this division, Tooting are not one of those.

Away at Merstham. A relegation 6 pointer for sure. The hosts are bottom but have improved of late and have only one loss in the last five games.

Home to Walton & Hersham.  Walton are second and are the highest scorers in the division, they concede plenty at the other end, though. They are overdue a draw, having not shared the points with anyone so far.

Home to Chertsey. The visitors sit around the playoff places and are in decent form, with one loss in five, ( away at Chipstead)

Away at Thatcham. The home team have hit form recently and are rapidly climbing up the table after winning their last three games.

Safe to say that this is going to be a very difficult month. Out of the 18 points available, I can see us getting 5 or 6 on current form, which is not good enough if we are to gradually escape from the relegation dogfight.

30/12/2022 1:05 am  #2

Re: Januarys Games

You’re a lot more optimistic than I am Andy, I don’t like to harp on as Captain Negative but I reckon it’s all gone.  All gone to s##t.

I don’t want to keep logging in and out again etc due to the troll mitigation 10 minute posting limit but my post in the other thread about the Hub selling loads of beer and people falling asleep in bushes was minded towards the high five brigade and not people on this forum.  I don’t think I could celebrate anything to do with the team right now and I reckon Mr. Collins and Mr. Steptoe would be in agreement there (hopefully, you’re great posters on here).

As we all know we only escaped a trip to the Carrot Crunchers F’All League last time round because of the inclusion of Whyteleafe in the table and the business at Staines Town.  It’s proper scrappy this time and there really isn’t anything to be pleased about, the Guernsey write up indicates they’re in the same position  as us without anyone up high taking it seriously

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (30/12/2022 1:08 am)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

30/12/2022 5:54 am  #3

I think that Thatcham and Merstham are our only obvious hope of any points.  Anything else will be a bonus.  But...it's a funny old game!

01/2/2023 1:06 pm  #4

Well it seems my new year optimism was misplaced. Despite the poor weather and a few postponements, we played four games, and lost all of them. Although not badly beaten in any of them and playing well in some of them, it seems that whenever we concede a goal or two we give up. This is a results business, as we all know, and at any other club this manager would be long gone. But as we also know, this isn,t a normal club.

01/2/2023 1:10 pm  #5

It's in the past now Andy.  What does February hold for us?  Elation or heartbreak?

01/2/2023 2:29 pm  #6

evthedog wrote:

It's in the past now Andy.  What does February hold for us?  Elation or heartbreak?

February looks very bloody hard - the shortest month of the year and no less than seven games (out of seventeen remaining).  Then add to this two of these games are against the first and second in the league (Basingstoke this Saturday and W&H on the 28th) and one is against Binfield who are edging onto the playoff zone.  There’s always the Merstham game on the 20th which is a proper six pointer in the most extreme sense of the term. 

Between now and the end of the season we’ve got four games against clubs in the top five - the same as Merstham and Guernsey, SCR only have one.  It’s going to be a real roller coaster of a ride.  February is going to be a deciding month for T&M….

01/2/2023 5:32 pm  #7

I'm afraid it's already decided, relegation is guaranteed!! This joke of a club's Owner, Secretary, Chairman, Manager & Coaches and Members Club just couldn't give a $h1t anymore.
I'm so glad that I'm no longer a part of the Members Club so can't be tarred by the same appalling brush that they're currently painting themselves with.
As ever I feel so sorry for all the poor fans and long serving volunteers that pay their hard earned cash to suffer the dreadful crap that's served up on match days.
Members Club Directors, hang your heads in shame, resign en-mass and let the Owner get on with it, you've obviously got no power or influence over what happens to the club or you'd have demanded the sacking of the entire management and coaching team months ago in an attempt to get this once great Club back on track.
Enjoy the CCL next season!

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left !

01/2/2023 6:07 pm  #8

DeePee wrote:

I'm afraid it's already decided, relegation is guaranteed!!

That’s exactly how I see it DP, in any other club there would be great strides to prevent what’s going on now and a massive engagement with fans to reassure and try to build morale.  Not here though, we’ve seen completely the opposite.

Do not worry DP, a lot of people will know you worked damned hard for many years and got involved with the club for all the right reasons.  I’m sorry things are what they are these days, but you can be proud of yourself knowing you had a massive part to play in better times at the club.  I don’t think anyone could have predicted what recent seasons would turn into……

01/2/2023 6:53 pm  #9

BernieTheBolt wrote:

DeePee wrote:

I'm afraid it's already decided, relegation is guaranteed!!

I don’t think anyone could have predicted what recent seasons would turn into……

Lots of us did, but kept paying our money at the turnstile until we couldn't support the way that the club was being run anymore.  The utter humiliation of our season in the Premier Division provided the absolute proof on what the club is about.

01/2/2023 7:03 pm  #10

Spot on post DP and you are a person that knows what has gone on i would like to echo Bernie the Bolts words i know you worked damn hard for the club and thank you for all you did but the lot that run everything now are a complete shower and our owner is a disgrace i wonder how much in money terms his little tooting empire is worth now the place is falling apart,bar like a morgue hardly any supporters left this very poor excuse for an owner has killed the club i just cant work out his ultimate goal i thought he was suppossed to be a business man well what a joke that is our only hope now is he cuts his losses and goes somewhere that is as far away from imperial fields as possible.

01/2/2023 7:08 pm  #11

Well, seeing as I dismally failed in forseeing Januarys pointless performances, I don't think I'll be any good at predicting this months games. Seven games, 21 points to play for. On league position, Ashford, Bedfont and Merstham may result in a few points for the Terrors, whereas Basingstoke, Binfield, Southpark and Walton & Hersham less so. Another dismal points haul this month, with so many points  at stake, will put us in a very difficult position, with not much time to recover from.
DP, I'm not in the 'its all decided' camp. Teams get out of trouble all the time. True, with us, it looks like we're stuck with an ineffective manager who doesn't know what to do in these circumstances, Adkins doesn't know what to do either, or doesn't care, so you could well be right. But, 'Its a Funny Old Game'

01/2/2023 7:25 pm  #12

Six points.  Anything more than that will be a welcome bonus.

02/2/2023 12:49 am  #13

evthedog wrote:

Lots of us did, but kept paying our money at the turnstile until we couldn't support the way that the club was being run

My post was thinking of the Billy and George era but yes, see exactly what you mean about more recent seasons : (

evthedog wrote:

Six points.  Anything more than that will be a welcome bonus.

Is that six points over February or six points until the season ends?  I’d guessed six points for the latter.  The prediction on FWP seems to agree too.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/isthmian-football-league-south-central-division/league-table/predicted

Maybe not, it thinks seven points.

It’s proper gone to s##t

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (02/2/2023 12:51 am)

03/2/2023 10:08 am  #14

Does any of the above really matter anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03/2/2023 10:48 am  #15

Of course it matters Mike.  We need to be relegated on the wire via play offs with the best points and goals total so that we strike FEAR into the rest of the Combined Harvester league next season.

03/2/2023 11:13 am  #16

Nice one ev made me chuckle

03/2/2023 12:31 pm  #17

Hi Ev, it could well strike fear in the Wimbledon and district football league. 

03/2/2023 8:42 pm  #18

Mike, if I've told you once I've told you 100 times:  you are far too optimistic about Tootings future.

03/2/2023 9:52 pm  #19

evthedog wrote:

Of course it matters Mike.  We need to be relegated on the wire via play offs with the best points and goals total so that we strike FEAR into the rest of the Combined Harvester league next season.

On the wire via a very heavily publicised play off which see a load of Dulwich, Sutton and Carshalton fans turn up just to make it even worse

Board footera