“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07/2/2023 9:13 am  #1

New Manager!

Probably too late, but ex Fleet and Godalming man Andy Hunt will now sit alongside Ashley. Apparently he worked alongside Paul Dale.

07/2/2023 11:59 am  #2

Re: New Manager!

Lets hope its not too late but really this should have happened a long time ago does anyone know if he joins ashley immiediatly ?

07/2/2023 1:24 pm  #3

Apparently recommended by Paul Dale our coach from when we won the league in front of Dorking Wanderers. Paul was a very good coach lets just hope Andy Hunt is the man to get us out of trouble.

07/2/2023 2:56 pm  #4

Crikey, a potential miracle has taken place, three points tonight then for starters if the match is on ?

07/2/2023 5:53 pm  #5

I wish him good luck.  He'll need it dealing with this club's setup.

07/2/2023 7:07 pm  #6

To clear up any confusion Andy Hunt is in charge of 1st Team ashley is in charge overall that is official.

07/2/2023 7:19 pm  #7

Well that hasn't cleared up any confusion at all. He was announced as joint manager, now he isn't?  Will Bosah be in the dugout ? Who's in charge of any new signings ? What does 'in overall charge mean' Just more questions.

07/2/2023 7:30 pm  #8

Sack Ashley for his total failure as manager that has resulted in us being at the bottom of the league and there is no more confusion Andy.

Last edited by evthedog (07/2/2023 7:31 pm)

07/2/2023 7:39 pm  #9

I agree Ev, I would rather he left the club altogether, but if there are other reasons he has to stay, just say it and don't muddy the water even more with ambiguous statements.
This morning it was 'official' that Andy Hunt was going to be joint 1st team manager with Asley Bosah. Now it is 'official' that Hunt has sole charge of the 1st team.

Last edited by Andy Mc (07/2/2023 7:43 pm)

07/2/2023 8:21 pm  #10

The club statement I’ve seen says he’s joint first team manager, which brings back a duo, if they don’t win anything I suppose they could be called The F’kall Brothers (to me to you).

We’ll have to see I suppose, while Paul Dale is a really excellent coach and very respected, I see Andy Hunt resigned from Godalming after a 10-0 defeat and resigned from Fleet Town after ending up near the relegation zone.  I can’t say I’m too excited at the moment…… : /

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

07/2/2023 8:31 pm  #11

It’s the best that we can hope for Bernie.  No successful experienced manager will come near this club as it is currently run.

07/2/2023 8:55 pm  #12

AndyMac that is what i was told the new guy is in charge of the 1st team Ashley as some of you may or may not know is a director with Tooting sport and leisure hence him being in overall charge
( Director of Football ) and yes your absolutly right ev ashley should have been sacked ages ago.

08/2/2023 4:30 am  #13

Desperate times or what ? Another loss , time  and remaining fixtures is running out. No pressure then for the new combi management and above!!!?

08/2/2023 6:40 am  #14

Dan, it does matter that the club gets its announcements right. There is a big difference between Director of Football and joint 1st team manager. We have the official club statement saying joint manager and Chris Woolley saying different.

08/2/2023 8:10 am  #15

Chris confidential Wooley can't say anything because it is confidential ! !

08/2/2023 9:44 am  #16

We still have the same rubbish coach and he seems to get away without any blame coming his way!

08/2/2023 11:15 am  #17

Andy Mc wrote:

Dan, it does matter that the club gets its announcements right. There is a big difference between Director of Football and joint 1st team manager. We have the official club statement saying joint manager and Chris Woolley saying different.

You’re right Andy, having the right communications from the club is really important and something they should be doing right.  Having open and accurate comms is one of those things that promotes confidence and makes things inclusive for people.  It should be a given.

As we all know though, we don’t live in an ideal world.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

08/2/2023 11:24 am  #18

Who runs the first team is irrelevant.  Unless the owner and his cronies have “ road to Damascus” moment and decide to fund the first team to get out of this cesspool of a division we will never experience success.

08/2/2023 12:34 pm  #19

Longer term, no it doesn,t matter who is manager. Unless somebody wins the lottery and buys Adkins out we are always going to struggle.
But we still have to at least try and avoid relegation this season and I think we,d have a better chance if Bosah is relieved of 1st team duties.

08/2/2023 2:34 pm  #20

your right Andy and most people think the same way but as i said because bosah is a director of Tooting sports and leisure adkins i dont think will ask him to step aside the only way that will happen is if bosah himself thinks he should stand down.

08/2/2023 3:41 pm  #21

Chris Wooley now saying its a joint manager arrangement so we,ll have to see how that pans out.
I don,t see why being a director gives you a right to the managers job, no matter how bad you are. He could just go back to coaching the youngsters.

08/2/2023 3:52 pm  #22

No Andy, he should just GO.  We have had managers “go” in the past while the club held league positions that we would gladly settle for today.  What can be worse than being bottom of the league following last seasons practice car crash?

08/2/2023 4:04 pm  #23

I would be very happy to see him go completely but it has been said on here that his position as director might prevent that. If that is the case couldn,t a new position be found?

08/2/2023 4:34 pm  #24

Forum message from Dave Irons.
Finally a positive move from the club, lets hope its not too late to turn things around and start a new era of football at imperial fields. From what i have readand heard from tootings very own bookworm that lives in godolming who knows the new manager things seem rosy.but in my opinion we need about 6 new players in all positions apart from the keeper who looks the best weve had for a while.
I couldant make last nights game through health issues and that might be the same for saturday so im not in a position to comment, but hopefully there will be a bright future ahead as long as the new gaffer gets the financial backing to bring in some experience and see us climb out of this perilous position at the bottom of the league and bring some of thr missing fans back. 
PS.Drop the ridiculous prices in the bar and you might see the bar fill up again instead of going to the CROWN.

Board footera