“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/2/2023 1:52 pm  #1

Toots v The Waltons

With Merstham grabbing three points last night the heat is well and truly on. Really, only wins will do now as we cannot live on the wish of our relegation rivals slipping up.

Tonight’s match looks hard, but you never know what will happen at this basket case of a club.

28/2/2023 9:50 pm  #2

Re: Toots v The Waltons

We are now up to our neck in the brown stuff.

28/2/2023 9:51 pm  #3

I can’t wait for the match report on this.  The goalkeeper sent off and four opposition goals within 15 minutes.  This looks like an epic tale…..

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

28/2/2023 10:29 pm  #4

Tooting actually played really well. 1-0 great free kick. Keeper comes rushing out. Handball. Off. No sub keeper. Enoch goes in goal until HT. Malachi in goal second half. Takes 2nd in the league 75 minutes to score against a striker in goal and ten men bottom. You'd have thought they'd won the Champions League with the large they were giving. We showed great spirit and resilience. Ohh for a sub keeper...although I'm looking forward to Saturday with confidence. Jordan Clarke was most miffed to be taken off. Scrunched up shirt went flying and off down the tunnel he went. Scoreline certainly didn't reflect the effort we put in.

28/2/2023 10:43 pm  #5

Andy P wrote:

Tooting actually played really well. 1-0 great free kick. Keeper comes rushing out. Handball. Off. No sub keeper. Enoch goes in goal until HT. Malachi in goal second half. Takes 2nd in the league 75 minutes to score against a striker in goal and ten men bottom. You'd have thought they'd won the Champions League with the large they were giving. We showed great spirit and resilience. Ohh for a sub keeper...although I'm looking forward to Saturday with confidence. Jordan Clarke was most miffed to be taken off. Scrunched up shirt went flying and off down the tunnel he went. Scoreline certainly didn't reflect the effort we put in.

Cheers Andy, that seems a lot better than how it looked from a long way away.  I don’t like the Champions League type carry on, but they still have a chance of going top so might be excited about that.  Thanks for the post which brings things back to earth a bit, it seems over the recent weeks with goals in against Basingstoke and holding our own defensively to score some points on draws there’s some glimmers of promise, hopefully it all comes together one day.  There’s always Saturday like you say : )

28/2/2023 11:44 pm  #6

Wish for once we scored more goals than cards we received!

28/2/2023 11:47 pm  #7

Edgeoftheb ox wrote:

Wish for once we scored more goals than cards we received!

There is that!  I was in a bad mood about football as Luton Town equalising against Millwall late on lost me £50, at least Portsmouth hammered a few home and Fulham did well, but bloody hell, The Lions : ((

For those who think I can spend £50 on Acca bets…..no!  It was a Lucky 15 and at least Millwall would have given us £80 back as Charlton never got a goal in…..but that all went wrong so just got two bits of it (£17) The life of gloomy disappointments of Bernie.  This was the card:

Millwall win against Luton
Portsmouth win against Bolton
Charlton win against Peterborough
Fulham win against Leeds

And while I’m watching all this W&H were getting goals in at IF!  Added to the wife now almost bedbound with Covid and me keeping an eye on the kids this made a particularly unrewarding situation!

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (28/2/2023 11:54 pm)

01/3/2023 7:01 am  #8

Andy p thanks for your report you say we played well unfortunatly i dont think it matters we are where we are becacause adkins and the useless members club acted far far to late if i as i think will happen we are in the carrot crunchers league we may never recover our only hope for the future is that somebody else buys this god forsaken club and useless owner adkins takes his millions and disappears never to be seen again.
ALL VERY VERY SAD

01/3/2023 7:38 am  #9

Well Dan, I fully expect that Ashley will get sandwiches wrapped in a road map and is show the door.

But then again...

01/3/2023 9:00 am  #10

I sadly think it might be too little too late. With the team and manager we have now I'd go out on a limb and say we'd easily be top ten or twelve if we'd started the season as we are now. Not great still but better than being bottom. I'm pretty confident we'd have got at least a point without the red card last night. Our effort was good and we frustrated Whining Walton well. They were trying to be the referee controllers of the old Roy Keane days.

01/3/2023 9:42 am  #11

It’s 12 months too late Andy.  He should be history but he is still hanging around.

We have had managers in the Imperial Fields era who have been got rid off whilst the team held league positions we can now only dream of.

Board footera