“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/3/2023 9:29 am  #1

Toots v Southall

Only a win will do.  Anything else and the play offs is all that we can hope fall.

04/3/2023 10:44 am  #2

Re: Toots v Southall

Looks like Southall only have a slim chance of a playoff place and aren't in great form. If they think they have nothing to play for it could make a difference. I predict a home win.

04/3/2023 11:33 am  #3

Andy Mac thats a brave prediction sure hope your right

04/3/2023 11:36 am  #4

I’m not quite so sure Andy.  Unlike the bottom dwellers in this league, the promotion play off hopefulls have been playing musical chairs all season.  In a league of crap teams Southall probably have not given up hope just yet.

04/3/2023 11:47 am  #5

Does today's game really make any difference to the pathetic way the Football team operates, and the  pathetic structure that surrounds it! 

Southall another promoted team from level 5, and look where they are, just proves what a dreadful league this is.

I recall two great amateur cup ties against Southall when we had a chance to go to  Wembley and win the cup, Not to  be,  we drew at home and lost the replay before two huge crowds, not the one  man and his dog expected today. "Those were the days," both clubs now use new grounds, and both dropped into  oblivion. Not that will worry Mr Confidential and Hypocrite Woolley who hates the past on whose legacy the community project  exist!!!

04/3/2023 4:56 pm  #6

The safety net goes up to 13 points away with Ashford Town joining the mix, and Merstham and Bedfont picking up last minute points, and a bit of a last minute surprise of our own…..

And with a fair bit of top table action on Tuesday I can see Hanworth looking at our game as a step up to the playoff zone.  Could be a gripping evening out…..

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (04/3/2023 4:59 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

04/3/2023 5:05 pm  #7

Sorry Andy mac your prediction went west we are well and truly f****d and we had a new player today another defender ffs when e needed so badly a forward who could score goals dont matter now we are now on our way to relegation

04/3/2023 5:12 pm  #8

daniel collins wrote:

Sorry Andy mac your prediction went west we are well and truly f****d and we had a new player today another defender ffs when e needed so badly a forward who could score goals dont matter now we are now on our way to relegation

I have to admit Daniel, my first thought was 2:11 of this video, and you see the same thing:

https://youtu.be/hpXj4cj5MUw

And some song choices….

The Who, Talking about my relegation (generation)
Yazoo, The only way is down (up)
Bob Marley, Relegation (Redemption) song

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (04/3/2023 5:16 pm)

04/3/2023 5:28 pm  #9

the only thing that matters is 16th place, and that is now further away than it was before kick off today as we now have one game less to play.

04/3/2023 6:25 pm  #10

Atrocious game today. After 4 decent performances it was back to the dark days. Southall were big and strong but we had no answers. The ball was constantly being pumped up the field giving Enoch, Lopes and Malachi no chance. Rough and tumble game which didn't suit Reece when he did get on. Jordan Clarke didn't even make the bench. Referee wasn't great. Poor turnout of 122. Disappointing all round. We need to keep the ball on the floor with the small semi-strikers. Anuar put in a shift and Sam looked confident again. Nikolai did ok but far too many were anonymous today....along with poor or non existent tactics.

04/3/2023 6:38 pm  #11

Hi Bernie let me continue your theme:
Cash - Ring of fire
Don Gibson - Sea of Heartbreak
Sam Sham and the Pharaohs - Wolly (Woolley) Bully 

04/3/2023 6:51 pm  #12

HAHAHA  youve got to laugh mike or you would cry your eyes out 

04/3/2023 8:23 pm  #13

Mikem wrote:

Hi Bernie let me continue your theme:
Cash - Ring of fire
Don Gibson - Sea of Heartbreak
Sam Sham and the Pharaohs - Wolly (Woolley) Bully 

It’s about bloody right!  And Danny yes to be honest laugh is about all we can do at this moment in time, I’m here with a sort of ‘oh well, rolls eyes, bit of a grin to put some light on it, doesn’t care at this moment in time’ sort of face.

I’ve been hearing from a couple of people and some posts I’m aware of on the social media circuit that some Terrors (if not quite a few) may head over to Raynes Park Vale next season as it’s looking very likely they’ll be promoted and it’s something local (well at least in the Merton borough same as T&M).  Same issue stands with the current SC league but it looks like a move of defiance as T&M have taken advantage of fans goodwill for too long and really, sad though as it is, this club doesn’t deserve fans who care.

As for Tuesday, as Chertsey aren’t playing, a Binfield lose or draw, and a Hanworth win sees Hanworth edge into the playoff zone.  Binfield are playing third place Northwood so a very real chance that this’ll happen and Hanworth will be trying a demolition job (a bit like Binfield and SCR earlier).

Got to agree though with others on here, these teams like Southall who were step 5 until a short time ago (same as Walton & Hersham) give a real wake up call that this league really isn’t that great and how we’re floundering with so much experience in the Isthmoan (spelt right!) tells you everything.  It’s a very sorry state of affairs, and one that was completely avoidable had the experience of club followers been followed, correct retention of staff and officials, and more outward thinking of how to get the first team to be of benefit been utilised.  It wouldn’t have been hard to do and the benefits would outweigh the outlay, but there we are.  Stating the obvious I know and everyone knows it but honestly what have these people in T&M been doing?  I know they had a master plan but to be this blatant and stick two fingers up at everyone, unforgivable.

04/3/2023 9:58 pm  #14

A couple from the Quo:  Down Down and Down the Dustpipe.  Going Down Slow by the Cherry Bombz.

To be honest Bernie, although I am sad about the demise of the club, I now view it with graveyard humour.

Things look really bad and the turd is almost flushed.  But...it still just might be a floater...

04/3/2023 10:46 pm  #15

evthedog wrote:

A couple from the Quo:  Down Down.

I can really see that - down down deeper and down - playing against a montage of clips of Ashley and Adkins, and blokes doing high five actions towards the players, and clips of bits of game that went wrong and goals going in against us.

Reading the post from Steve (Harry) and mentioning Anthony really reminded me of what it’s all about.  A few years ago Anthony was talking up T&M with his year at school and people were up for visiting (and they did).  Surely that’s what it’s all about, getting a legacy for years going forward and a bit of interest going in the meantime.  Steve and Anthony tried so hard for that.  If we could see 300-400 crowds going forward on the back of local talk and recommendation this brings into perspective what it is to be a community club and something for a local area to believe in. 

Let’s take a gate of 400, that’s 400 people using the Hub Bar, that’s people using the transport system to get there, that’s people using external facilities like a meal at the Crown, that’s people having a good day out then either using more pubs or the off licences to have a laugh afterwards;  Maybe a takeaway after, by catering for that attendance you’ve bought a load of people together and what they spend benefits the local community.  Surely that’s what a community club means, not being a doormat to look good or a social project but something which gives to local business and people - with the added win-win that everyone enjoys themselves too.  Generating money for business in the community and making your own outlet rich and viable. 

That’s of benefit to the community isn’t it?  Community isn’t about this Blitz spirit and all wanting to help each over, it’s about your own area making a few quid as that’s what helps in life, and without putting a materialistic spin on things having an earner keeps people and business going.  So many people don’t see it but that’s what community is all about, creating the mini economy so we’re all happy with our lot. 

I’m not the brightest bloke in the world but to see our club blabbering on about community without realising it’s not a bottomless pit for for people and not seeing that there can’t be give and take has to be truly brainless

And that theoretical 400 splinters off into more benefit for so many more people, that attendance benefits more than about 30-40 youth projects, look at the benefit for the wider picture, not just a few who can enjoy T&M anyway and develop - as many have said concentrate on the first team and create pride as you go down the picture.  Not the other way round.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (04/3/2023 10:51 pm)

05/3/2023 10:13 am  #16

daniel collins wrote:

Yes Dan, my predictions are usually not very good. Until its mathematically impossible for us to escape the trapdoor I will retain a tiny bit of optimism that we can survive. It looks as though the new manager bounce has come to a halt and the slight improvement we have seen has stalled. I wasn't at the game yesterday but it seems we didn't deserve anything out of it.

Board footera