“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/3/2023 5:31 pm  #1

More departures

According to official FB page, Jordan Clarke and Andrew Sesay have left the club.

05/3/2023 5:46 pm  #2

Re: More departures

Andy P wrote:

According to official FB page, Jordan Clarke and Andrew Sesay have left the club.

It just gets worse and worse, I’ve looked at the T&M Twitter as a guest and blimey, the comments there sum up what we’re all thinking really.  Talk about a rocky, unstable end to the season……

Mind you Andy, you did mention that JC was very upset at the W&H game the other day, could have been the final straw….

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (05/3/2023 5:52 pm)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

05/3/2023 5:49 pm  #3

Just more rats jumping a sinking ship

05/3/2023 6:27 pm  #4

BTB - He certainly was. Shirt went flying and he stomped off down the tunnel when substituted. Looked like the end right then. He's a very good player with nice touches and flicks but never seems to look for the ball. He'd been very argumentative on the pitch with refs in the last few games. Maybe not the kind of player for a struggling team. But, more importantly, the team shouldn't be struggling...

07/3/2023 10:12 am  #5

Shamal Edwards has now left as well probably all leaving cause they dont want to go down with the ship

07/3/2023 10:45 am  #6

Andy Hunt has released this:

We've had some popular players choose to leave after some conversations we'd had over the last few weeks. I want to wish them well but it was the right decision for both parties.

Chose to leave after conversations and right decision for both parties?  This potentially puts a bit more onus onto AH here but is this stage in the season the right time to do it?  The last win we had was Binfield - when AH was on holiday and the draws we maintained were with mainly the team from before.  I’m not sure what would help really, it’s pretty much sh#t or bust.

Last edited by BernieTheBolt (07/3/2023 10:46 am)

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

07/3/2023 12:07 pm  #7

Sounds like Andy Hunt trying to assert some authority at the club and quite right too. If he,s still around next season hopefully he can displace Bosah completely.

07/3/2023 12:10 pm  #8

I wonder if he'll (AH) stay if we do drop down?

Ashley isn't going anywhere. If he was surely something would have been done by now?

Are they joint managers at the moment or is AH under Ashley?

07/3/2023 12:24 pm  #9

Andy P wrote:

I wonder if he'll (AH) stay if we do drop down?

Ashley isn't going anywhere. If he was surely something would have been done by now?

Are they joint managers at the moment or is AH under Ashley?

Past experience dictates that it is irrelevant Andy.  We only sniff (brief) success when external factors dictate:  when money is put into the team it is only done so because some other need not linked to first team success in the league.  Therefore it is irrelevant who is in charge of the first team.

13/3/2023 6:48 am  #10

Cory Walters Wright has now also left the sinking ship

13/3/2023 9:52 am  #11

Hi Dan,
It's the wrong individuals leaving the sinking ship........If only

13/3/2023 10:30 am  #12

Cory was a good motivator and fun to have around. Maybe with his Ph.D finished his work commitments have increased. Also, if he's teaching in Kent travel could be an issue. Issac Charles had a poor first game Saturday. Would much rather have had Cory on the pitch. Yes, he had his limitations as a player but certainly never lacked effort.

14/3/2023 7:44 am  #13

Nathan Daly and Enoch have gone too. Shamal 5 goals and 2 assists in 4 games for Farnham. Maybe a better forward than wing back, but....hey ho..more tactical genius....

Last edited by Andy P (14/3/2023 8:13 am)

14/3/2023 10:04 am  #14

Exactly Andy P  Thats six by my reckoning the one i would like gone is the tactical genius you refer to and we all know who that is. WOULDANT KNOW A GOOD PLAYER IF IT JUMPED UP ANS BIT HIM ON THE ARSE !!!!!!!

14/3/2023 10:13 am  #15

Daniel - 48 players this season. Wonder if the owner will come on the pitch and raise his bat to another half century on Saturday? Daly and Cory and Enoch and Jordan and Shamal going has just completely ripped the guts out of it. Now just thinking who's going to be next? Sad, sad times.

14/3/2023 11:18 am  #16

I don,t quite know what to make of this. Normally I would be quite happy to see the back of these players who have proved themselves to be not good enough at this level. But it looks like they will be replaced with players that are no better or even worse. Maybe the club is preparing for life in a different league.

14/3/2023 12:57 pm  #17

I still keep harping back to my thought that we needed a couple of old lumps or cloggers in the team. It's a physical league and the (alleged) skill players need support and protection. Maybe too many players from the academy thinking they are PSG level with cute flicks rather than CCL. Shawn Lyle has provided a bit of strength but, as usual, too little too late.

14/3/2023 1:41 pm  #18

Think your right Andy Mac but all part of the plan as Tony coxsup would say

14/3/2023 2:33 pm  #19

Post from Dave Irons 
I take it all these players leaving is part of the long term plan i was told. Long term plan my arse

14/3/2023 6:28 pm  #20

The long term plan as always been to  destroy the football team, and they are making a great job of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footera