“The Bogend Forum for Tooting and Mitcham Utd FC fans”

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16/3/2023 4:14 pm  #1

T&M v SCR

I see that this is being advertised as a freebie to members of the emergency services - being a six pointer at the foot of the table is this a way to cut down emergency response times if it all kicks off afterwards : 0

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

16/3/2023 4:32 pm  #2

Re: T&M v SCR

Lose this one and there could well be some civil unrest at the ground. If we are to pull off the great escape then this surely is a genuine must win game.

16/3/2023 4:47 pm  #3

SCR do not matter.  Bedfont is the target team, two wins and draw away.  So long, of course, as they do not pick up any more points.

18/3/2023 12:00 pm  #4

6 clubs left in the relegation battle in this dreadful pit of a football league with the bottom two facing each other today. How Tooting is in this position to avoid the drop into junior (park)football is beyond belief! Who do you blame! Well obviously, the owner  who just used the old Football club and it’s legacy to  his own ends, The members Club headed by Woolley ( we have nothing to  do with the Football team), The coaching and management teams over the last couple of seasons, Tony Cox the buffoon of a football chairman, and the unbelievable turnover of players. Plus, the naivety of the old Football club committee who gave everything away thinking they were entering nirvana under the new regime, despite being warned and ignoring all the consequences

Fans and some wonderful volunteers have left in their droves over the years when they have realised what really happened to this once historical team built over may decades by the local community.

What a farce, well done and congratulations to all those mentioned, you have done a wonderful job in destroying a great local football club. Even if the team survives  the drop into  oblivion, just look what’s happened to Tooting since 2005, it does not make pretty reading, and it won’t change. without major restructuring of the failed project, so don't hold your breath.

Get their early today to avoid queuing with the thousands of expected fans including the blue light freebies. Everyone should get in free who endured this season.

18/3/2023 5:04 pm  #5

Well, I think that is it.  The Fat Lady has sung and is now out of breath.

Bloody tragic.

18/3/2023 5:12 pm  #6

evthedog wrote:

Well, I think that is it.  The Fat Lady has sung and is now out of breath.

Bloody tragic.

Yep.  I reckon the point of no return where we are mathematically relegated could be in as little as three weeks time. 

Village football here we come.

These Fokkers were Messerschmitts

18/3/2023 5:27 pm  #7

Absolutely. Rock. Bottom.

Clueless. No idea. No spirit. No one cares. Created nothing. Deserved nothing. Got nothing.

Too many loan players. Nothing invested in Tooting. Off at the end of the season. What do they care? Hartley Whitney bottom of the league above and we get the knock offs who go from one bottom of the league team to another.

Disappointed is the politest I can manage.....

18/3/2023 5:51 pm  #8

Not much to say except.
Team-- HOPELESS.
Management-- CLUELESS.
Owner-- ABSOLUTE DISGRACE,AND COULDANT CARE LESS.

18/3/2023 6:24 pm  #9

On 2nd June 2005 Chris confidential Wooley said:-

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

I will repeat that for the hard of hearing

The Vision for The Club and The Hub 

We see this will enshrine the following principles:

1. Total transparency between Club and Hub

2. A one cost centre with a unified administration operated on a strictly not for profit basis.

3. The active participation of the Club and all its members in the running of the Club and the Hub to the greater good of both.

4. A substantial growth in the Membership of the Club brought about by the appeal of the Club as a committed partner to users of the Hub.

5. The provision of key local resources the Concept behind which is already attracting interest from other clubs as pioneer and model.

6. The challenge is to make Tooting & Mitcham United FC the best semi-professional club in the land, one built on sound foundations of good practice in all matters.

Last edited by Stan Churchillmann (18/3/2023 11:34 pm)

19/3/2023 10:46 am  #10

Are we giving Andy Hunt a free hit here? He came in saying he could knock the squad into shape. He hasn't done that. Instead we have had an exodus of players with sub standard players replacing them. We've lost our last 5 games and he's made zero difference to our league position.

19/3/2023 11:41 am  #11

Andy Mac dont want to blame the new man too much i dont think it matters who came in the owner would do what he always does and that is do things on the cheap.
When will we all just realise the problem is the skinflint that owns the club nothing will change till he decides to sell up and p*** off 

19/3/2023 11:48 am  #12

Sadly Dan is right.  To progress clubs have to invest in players who can do the job.  Clubs that don’t, who, as Dan says, try to do things on the cheap through crap loan players and kids who are not up to first team football, you end up playing Combined Counties football or worse.

IF we go down what will next season bring?  I really do not like to think about it.

19/3/2023 1:20 pm  #13

I think Andy Hunt has made an effort to be a decent PR man and has made an effort with the fans. Started pretty well but it is now as much of a clown show as it was before. Enamorado at full back is absolutely clueless. Lopes has a good half in his first game and has contributed nothing since. The Bog again had a good first game but quickly went in to decline. I appreciate people have views on Cory (and Daly and Enoch) but I would have had them out there yesterday given the choice. The players who were Tooting have pretty much all gone leaving an all sorts bag of disengaged and disinterested loanees. Lyle held the ball up pretty well yesterday but had no support. But, for me, the whole season was summed up in ten seconds at the end of the first half. We get a corner, the big guys are up, we then go short and knock it out for a goal kick.

Quoting the Official TMUFC FB page "The double session has been really good for the squad to go through the patterns and situations we expect to face".

The mind truly boggles....

Board footera